When should i start veg!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GanjaGuru710, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Im new to indoor growing. I have 33 planta going in my seedling/clone box. Most i do not believe to be ready. I have around 11 that has 3 to 4 nodes on them. When would be a good time to make the switch over to the 1000w MH for veg?

2. 3-4 nodes is a good starting point to put them under the big light. I also top around 3-4 nodes.

3. So would this be ready for veg? Also, did i let the stem stretch to muchhon this one?

Attached Files:

4. Nah it looks fine. You can always bury the stem a bit when you transplant next, although I'd just leave it alone unless you're super constrained in height.

That girl looks ready for the big light, although I'd move the light further away than you would normally have it at first and gradually lower it down as it gets used to the increase in light intensity.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for all the info! I'll leave the stem alone since both my veg and flower rooms are 8' tall. No worries there. Lol What would you recommend on the hieght to start with? Normally its 18" to 24" i think. I could be wrong. Would you also top this plant or wait till around the 5th or 6th node?