when should i start making my plants bud?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by iloveweeed420, Nov 13, 2008.

1. my plants have been growing for about a month and a half now and they are like 2 feet and they have about 7 leafs. should i keep them in vegitative state or should i start budding them

2. any more info on grow? what kind of lights/how much light/soil,hydro? do u have any pics?

3. Hydro or Soil (Describe what type of products your using)

Type of light? (Wattage, Color Temp, Distance, Light Timings)

"Atmosphere" Conditions (Air Temperature, Humidty, Fan Description, Air Type)

Waterings (Type Of Water, How Often You Are Watering, Size of Container)

PH Range (Of the Water Your Giving, and Runoff Out of Container)

Nutrients/Supplements (Brand, Ingredients, NPK Rating, Dosage, How Often)

Pictures if possible! (Posting pictures can describe the problem for you)

Design and Dates (Size of your setup, and how long you have had it, age of the P's)

Other Any other information you can think of not included by these subjects.

Credited to anony (from another forum) for this list.

4. #4 iloveweeed420, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2008
    [​IMG]its in soil im using haligion light 120 watt the light is about 2 feet above the plant and the plants are in my attic i water them about twice a day they get 18 hours of light a day i water them with tap water wut a little plant food in them and they have the nutrients sticks in the soil

5. haligion light? Do you mean a 'halogen bulb'?
    If so get rid of it, and buy a HPS for coming into flowering.

6. i dont know were to get those lights but why cant i use the ones i have and how do i make the plants flower

7. Incandescents lights are not worth a shite for growing with, you'd do as well leaving a flash light or candle beside your plant. Incandescents are bulbs which heat an element and uses the heat to produce light that we can see with. You need a lamp that uses a gas like high pressurized sodium, metal halide of fluorescents which gives off a spectrum of light for plants to use (photosynthesis).

8. To answer your original question...

It is best to wait until the plants have alternating nodes. Meaning that the nodes don't grow parallel, but instead grow in an alternating fashion.

Alternating nodes look like this...

|
    \|
    |
    |/
    |
    \|

This is a sign that your plant has reached full sexual maturity. Flowering can be done at anytime. You can even start seedlings and go straight to flowering. But, for optimal results it is best to wait for them to mature sexually.

To flower your plants, just switch your light cycle to 12/12. After a few weeks you should be able to determine the sex of the plant if it has yet to develop pre-flowers.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

9. so fluorescent light bulbs will work?

10. Yes, it is better that a halogen bulb.
    Most growers use fluorescents or CFLs for young clones/seedlings and for vegging, some do carry on into flowering, and some growers do actually end up with reasonable bud.

11. so where would i get these bulds and which of these would i recomend

12. i got mine off of ebay... 125 watt cfl grow light and cost me roughly 20 quid with postage then u will need an e 40 adapter probably another fiver.. i have two of these to cover three budding plants but one could just.. just... do two... just most will say 150 watts will just do two ... i have put a seed straight to bud as well as a 2 week old and a 4 week old.. just because i started stupidly without being ready and killed a couple along the way... u can send n e thing to bud.. just ur yield will be shi/

13. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

these r the plants

14. the stretch u have on those is not good ... the yield wont be brilliant mate! n e pre flowers yet?

15. so what should i do with these plant now

16. Not sure...it might be too late. You need better lights, the plants are just stretching for that light.

17. ahh boy, your best bet is to buy new lights. either cfls or an HPS, cfls are cheaper and available at hardware stores, target, walmart, etc. HPS you can buy at a hydro shop (use google), on the internet, ive never bought one. its gonna take a lot of cfls my friend, maybe you can yield an 8th or two...

18. told you halogen bulbs wouldn't work haha

19. i bought an hps light but it doesnt fit into a regular light socket its bigger what should i do? and what is a ballest used for and what is the point of buying one?