When should I start flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Barkerc88, Aug 1, 2017.

1. I'm in a small tent, 2x2x4. I need my plants to top out around 2ft. Plants can grow up to 3x the size when switch to flowering. So should I start flowering around 8 inches tall? Thanks

2. depends on the strain...some get 5 times the size some 3 ...post pics of your setup ..there is ways to train the plant to grow wide instead of tall ...LST training it's called ...

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

3. If you want it to finish at around 2' then I'd switch it around 10-12" you won't get 3x stretch unless it's a sativa dominant strain.

First grow using cfls.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yea, I started to LST them. I don't know what strain it is, the seeds came from bag seeds.

image.jpg

5. LST those and flower when it reaches 8 to 10 inches WIDE not tall...the height will happen the first 20 days of flowering. (the stretch period) then if you did it right you'll finish with a max yield for that space. if done wrong or just the strain tends to wanna stretch more...you'll just have to LST again during flowering as to not let it grow into the hot zone of the led your using ..

GFP

6. So I shouldn't be LST the plant right now?

7. yes...and maybe later IF NEEDED

GFP

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks man!

• Like Like x 1