When should I start feeding plants, using fertilizer-free soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fool_in_the_Rai, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Ok. So my friend is growing and wants to know when he should start feeding his plants. They were started in rock wool, and then moved into Chia Herb Garden soil. Were pretty sure the Chia herb soil doesn't have any nutrients or fertilizer, and we know rockwool doesn't.

Plants are about 10 days old.

When does he start to fertilizer/feed the plants?

2. WONDERING THE SAME THING. (stop yelling)

3. Good question...Well the first 1-2 weeks a plant can survive on the nutrients from TAP water...

and when you want to start adding nutrients you should wait till its mature enough to even get Fed nutrients...a plant is mature enough when it has more than 4 sets of (true Leafs) which is roughly 2 weeks....and when you start adding them go half strength for the first week then bump it up to full strength...

also to all the Haters..who say ( i use nutrients from when they sprout)...dont listen to them plants at that age are whay to young to even utilize a 10th of the nutrients they feed it. that's why tap water is more that suffiencet for the first few weeks..

(that also depends of the hardness of your water) meaning the amount of dissolved solids Or (IE) nutrients

4. I have been giving my plants room temperature filtered tap water every 3-4 days. My plants are 9 days old and 5 days out of seed. I am going organic indoor and I got a 4 lb thing of bat guano and a bunch of organic liquid ferts. any suggestions on what nutrients should be used first. ( i.e. Something Nitrogen rich ect.) any suggestions are awesome.

5. well actually Advanced nutrients is the best organic nutes money can buy but thats my own preference her's the link

http://www.advancednutrients.com/organic_nutrients_and_supplements.php

Also to answer you question...i dont really know when it comes to using Guano n stuff more of my knowledge is in the area of liquid Nutes >non organic/organic...

Also yes you want a nutrient higher in Nitrogen for veggitative...and a nutrient higher in potassium for flowering...

Hey im going to give you a really good tip....you know about the N-P-K ratio right?..if you dont all it means is the % Nitrogen-Phosforus-potassium thats in the bottle.....IE on the front of the bottle it might say 5-7-1 or 10-10-10 or 8-6-10....and people seem to think that a higher ratio of N-P-K is better...now thats half true...some guy said "ohh man i saw the NUTE that had 30-30-30"....that doesn't mean its gunna grow the best....infact Advanced Nutes use 3-1-3 for the grow and 4-3-6 for bloom and i bet they would kick that 30-30-30 brands ass...now what makes a nuttient a good quality product is the amount of N-P-K and what they are dirived from...you can have a 60-60-60 NUTE but what the nutes are made from could be shit....meaning it wont work worth a shit...so by my standard Advanced Nutrients offers the best organic/non organic Nutrients you can buy

6. Wow this helps a shit ton. Yeah I need to do my research a little more. I am not sure what I got but it was like 115$ fkr a gallon. Some friend of mine use it for outties and got good results.

7. As long as there is at least 1 set of true leaves you can fertilize jus makke sure your ratio of fert to water is right cause at a young age they cant handle getting fert. burn

8. like i said...why waste FERT. when 1 they dont need it and 2 it cause's harm...just wait..till there old enough

9. The only thing you should add to your water before the 2nd set of leaves is in is either worm castings, some thrive (vitamins etc), humic/fulvic acid, or dolomite lime for PH buffering. Don't use actual fertilizer (organic or non organic) until after you see the 2nd set of leaves, at least that's what I've always done and my babies (seedlings) always turn out beautiful.

10. My seedlings are in worm castings and coco atm in a party cup. Iv got 10 gallon smart pots waiting. Only the potting mix contains fertilizers,when do you think it would be safe to transplant into soil? Mine are 5 days old since sprouted

11. My seedlings are in worm castings and coco atm in a party cup. Iv got 10 gallon smart pots waiting. Only the potting mix contains fertilizers (dynamic lifters),when do you think it would be safe to transplant into soil? Mine are 5 days old since sprouted