When should I put transfer?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Head Spin, Feb 7, 2012.

1. #1 Head Spin, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
    Well Ive been germinating this bad seed for about 4 days and its looking alright I guess? Its starting to grow another root from the main one I think. (HARD TO TELL)
    Anyways here are some Pictures to help Me please!

Full (Far)
    [​IMG]

Close up (close by the seed it looks like a root is growing from the main root.)
    [​IMG]

Compared to pen
    [​IMG]

What I would be putting it in. (Should I put saran wrap over the top for humidity for a while?)
    [​IMG]

So what should I do?
    Keep doing what I am or transfer?

2. That should be in soil. You could of put it in after the tap root first grew out a tiny bit no need to wait.

Get a regular pot to. That pot sucks.

3. Thanks for sharing! Hard!

4. Put it in the soil...its a perfect time.

5. That's sooo ready for soil.
    And cover the sides of that cup with some black tape. Or find a pot that light won't penetrate. Roots don't like light

6. Its past time to plants,but it will be ok...do not plant it in that,get at least a 2-3 gallon pot,or whatever you are going to flower in...you dont want to transplant unless you absolutely have too.so put it where its going to stay...in the largest pot possible..5-10 gallon would be best..

7. THANKS EVERYONE FOR GREAT INFO!!!!
    I will put it into my 2 gallon pot. (sadly that's all i can fit into My grow box. :/ )
    And I should put a plastic covering for humidity correct?

Should i also use lights or wait until it sprouts?

8. The tap root is huge it should pop soil with in a day, as soon as it does put a 25watt cfl over it for a week or two. i dont use humidity coverings for my seedlings no need a cfl does the job fine just keep the soil misted. but make sure the soil under the surface is also wet.

9. Your seed is just right for planting. Don't plant it too deep - about 1/2 to 3/4 inch deep is enough.

If you haven't planted yet, MICROWAVE YOUR SOIL! You want your damp (not soaking wet) soil to get steaming hot! This will kill the "damping off" fungus that kills millions of seedlings. Let the soil cool completely, or you may cook your sprout! :eek:

Drainage holes are NOT optional in your pot! You absolutely need them! Cannabis is not a bog plant, it doesn't like standing water around its roots. :mad:

Regular light bulbs will NOT work! CFLs will work just fine, but must be about 2 to 3 inches from the top of your plant for best results. When it comes to light- more is better up to a ridiculous level!

Go to the Grow section and start by reading the stickies. They have been stickied because they are all dang good! :hello:

Granny :wave:

10. So I just planted and It looked like the small root cmming of the tap root went away?

Should I put it under My lights or let it settle in?

11. If its coytledons have popped put it under light.

12. Yo headspin. Sorry took me a bit to get back here.

Its really up to you if you want the lights on yet, but as soon as you see any leaves you want at least 1 CFL keeping the little baby warm! keep posting the pics and good luck I'll stick around! :)