When should i put my clones in the ground?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GanjaGrower420T, Apr 30, 2012.

1. I'm getting some clones today, question is all in the title.

2. Most people will give them 2-4 weeks under lights, but if they have been under lights they will need to go in a shaded spot for a couple of days first to get used to the sunlight.

3. [quote name='"Anonymous303"']Most people will give them 2-4 weeks under lights, but if they have been under lights they will need to go in a shaded spot for a couple of days first to get used to the sunlight.[/quote]

Well I don't really have the option of keeping them inside, and I'm not sure what the conditions they were in at the dispensary, so your saying a shady spot in the woods is good? Like how shady?

4. Anonymous meant that indoors to outdoors needs a gradual sun (the sun is stronger and can burn/kill an indoor plant). Find the sunniest spot for the grow. Clones are best placed outdoors pretty big (1-1.5 feet). They can die easier than seeded plants outdoors.

5. [quote name='"Corto Malteze"']Anonymous meant that indoors to outdoors needs a gradual sun (the sun is stronger and can burn/kill an indoor plant). Find the sunniest spot for the grow. Clones are best placed outdoors pretty big (1-1.5 feet). They can die easier than seeded plants outdoors.[/quote]

Ok, well mine are about 6 inches right now, I don't really have the option of keeping them inside, it's supposed to be rather cloudy this week where I live and about 60-70 degrees, do you think they will be ok?

6. it gets 60 here during the day but we have been getting frosts here still. if your weather is anything like this don't put out yet. if above 60s during the day put them out to harden them up. but if the nights are cold even if they are not freezing they will react poorly. it will not kill them but it will make them grow slower than if you could just keep them indoors under some floros at night.
    even if you can just move them to your garage at night anything is better than outside in the low temps and slugs

7. 60 as a minimal temp is fine. The minimum for them to be ok is 45. At 35, they will survive. Under 35, they start dieing. I never put out clones but as a rule, the people I know who do clones, place them out pretty big. 6 inches seems fine (big enough), as long as they got a nice root system and are thick. The temps should be fine. They may grow a little slower but 60 won't cause them to be stunted for life.

8. [quote name='"Corto Malteze"']60 as a minimal temp is fine. The minimum for them to be ok is 45. At 35, they will survive. Under 35, they start dieing. I never put out clones but as a rule, the people I know who do clones, place them out pretty big. 6 inches seems fine (big enough), as long as they got a nice root system and are thick. The temps should be fine. They may grow a little slower but 60 won't cause them to be stunted for life.[/quote]

At night it drops to lowest 55 here but it is rapidly warming up, it's supposed to be a high of 80 during the day I just checked

9. GangaGrower, youve asked for opinions so ill give mine as well

It sounds like your daytime temps are warm enough but your nightime temps are a bit chilly. If the clones are in little containers, the soil theyre in will take on the night time temp and they wont like that but it wont kill them. They just wont grow much. If you could transplant them into a bit larger pot - maybe a 1 gallon pot they would be far less succeptable to temp probs. Cannabis likes 70 degree soil.

DAYLENGTH might be problematice.
    Daylight Hours Explorer

Use that link to determine daylength at your lattitude. Clones will begin to flower if daylength is below 14.25 hrs per day. If daylenth is below that at your lattitude then the clones will be in full flower in 2 weeks time. You would have to provide them with additional lighting until daylength reaches 14.25. If you dont have the capacity for that, maybe the dispensary will keep them for you for a week or 2.

10. [quote name='"clodhopper"']GangaGrower, youve asked for opinions so ill give mine as well

It sounds like your daytime temps are warm enough but your nightime temps are a bit chilly. If the clones are in little containers, the soil theyre in will take on the night time temp and they wont like that but it wont kill them. They just wont grow much. If you could transplant them into a bit larger pot - maybe a 1 gallon pot they would be far less succeptable to temp probs. Cannabis likes 70 degree soil.

DAYLENGTH might be problematice.
    Daylight Hours Explorer

Use that link to determine daylength at your lattitude. Clones will begin to flower if daylength is below 14.25 hrs per day. If daylenth is below that at your lattitude then the clones will be in full flower in 2 weeks time. You would have to provide them with additional lighting until daylength reaches 14.25. If you dont have the capacity for that, maybe the dispensary will keep them for you for a week or 2.[/quote]

I used that link (thanks by the way) and it said in my area right now we are getting around 14.10 hours of daylight right now but in a few days it should be 14.25 is that ok? Thanks for the advice by the way very helpful.

11. seeing as how you didnt mention your location and time zones differ from state to state, how do you exspect an accurate answer....

12. where you're located determines that