When should I flip the lights to flower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jomo, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Hey guys, so I topped my plants last Saturday 2/18, that would be 9 days ago. They look like they're doing great and the offshoots took off and growing very quickly. The plants are getting pretty big and could definitly go into flower, they're over 5 weeks old too. Here's some pictures of the plants and some close ups of their topping sites.

Also do you do a flush before going into flower? What exactly is a flush, just more water than usual?

Let me know what you guys think and any other advice is nice, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. They could double in size so take that into consideration. When you flower is up to you and your grow space size and lighting.

Flushing is pointless except to fix issues like over feeding. Flushing is flooding the medium with water to remove nutrients from the medium.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What light?

4. Depends on the size of ur grow area. How high ur ceilngs are. Cuz will stretch a fair amount. If u never ran the strain bfor and u don' know her characteristics of b careful not saying they shoot up 3 feet. (Seen it happen bfor tho).those plants look nice and i will get a decent tells if grow properly through flower. Flushing is to clean your grow medium of nutrients and depending on how hard u have pushed them through flower depends on what u have to do at the end of the cycle. I like to cut back a little earlier during the later weeks of flower. This way the plants fade nicely and ur not stressing them by running gallons on gallons over them. If u wait to the end to clean the plant then I will have to flush. Properly grow marijuana should never need a flush. If done correctly u will get the fade without all that unessary work. Good luck. By the way they look great

5. Don't over feed and cut off feeding a couple weeks before harvest, allowing the plant to use up whats stored in the soil and you'll have no need to flush. All flushing does is remove nutrients and salts from the medium.