When should I expect the 5 leaf blade

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Alpha male, May 25, 2007.

1. When should I start seeing classic marijuana leaves like this, its been 9 weeks or so since I planted them?
    (I mean 9 leaves Im high when I was writing this.. like the one in the picture),
    [​IMG]

2. your plants could grow for 3 months and only make 3 fingered leaves. its all about how much light the plant is recieving, and how much nutrients its getting.
    so i guess the answer is, you could never see 9 fingers, or if you keep it nice and happy with the right amount of N it should get there eventually. you'll see 7 fingers after 5, 9 after 7 if you're doing things right and its vegged long enough.

3. [quote name='Alpha male']When should I start seeing classic marijuana leaves like this, its been 9 weeks or so since I planted them?
    (I mean 9 leaves Im high when I was writing this.. like the one in the picture),

After 9 weeks my plants are a month+ into budding, I'd just givve up, or you need to do some serious reading on these boards, cause at the rate your going it ain't ever going to bud.

4. Most of my plants get 6 hours of direct sunlight in the morning I don't know what im doing wrong. I know most of there sexes they are growing at a rapid rate, but it just doesn't seem like they are growing right. Maybe these arn't sativa plants like I thought.:mad: Im only getting 3 fingers and 1 5 finger is growing in I think. If I had a digital camera I would take pictures for help.

5. they must be stretching for light. they'll keep growing 3 fingers if they don't have enough energy to produce 5.

6. Bad soil condition can also lead to less fingers on the leaves.
    It took me 3 grows to make my first 9 fingered leaves and they came to be 3 weeks after planting the seeds in the soil.

7. And hell, if you have an Indica strain you're less likely to see a 9-finger. My plants get their first 5 finger leaves about 2weeks in or so. But most importantly, it's about light and nutrients.

8. my plants are outdoors and are going up by 2 leaves every other node. 1,3,small 5, big 5, small 7 big 7, they have just started their first 9 they are about 4-5 weeks, and about 2-3 feet tall

9. some plants get up to 13 on their biggest upper most fan leaves, it just depends on how much light that part of the plant is gettin. a plant doesnt want to waste the energy build a 13 fingered leaf only for it to get shitty sun exposure