When should I expect a smell strong or not HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Security' started by Lennon0740, May 12, 2013.

1. Hey gc love some input on this ...I just got some beams from attitude ...and a 400watt system ...not tent or filter yet ...but deepening on the smell and how much time I have before the smell comes I'd like to buy a tent ...carbon filter is a must ...ill be in a 4x4x7 closet ..growing good beans for the first time ..just wondering how long I got them Germin now....I live really close to others and cannot risk the smell should I wait or what ....help me please !!!

2. I would go ahead and get a filter now. Its not worth the trouble of waiting until it skunks the place up...trust me

3. Will a good filter do the trick or should I wait to where there not people so close to me

4. I wont even get a bean wet b4 i deal with smell .That said mj dont smell that much in veg.
    Is it worth getting busted for something you can stop ? A CARBON FILTER will give you the piece ov mind knowing it dont smell m8 .good luck with ya grow buddy.. K. P.

5. It won't get bad till the last 3 weeks of flower. It will be an earthy greenhouse smell before that if that's OK.
    ONA gel works really well. I used to put a jar of it in front of my exhaust fan and the air coming out the vent smelled great. No trace of skunk.
    You do have an exhaust fan right?

6. It won't be bad until it starts to get a jump on flowering. Get a carbon filter ASAP though.

7. Depends on strain as well I've had plants that stunk during veg and it was a noticeable pot smell so don't risk it

8. The strains starting will be northern light x big bug ..and afghan kush ...I got everything but tent ona ,, carbon filter and duct fan....I was gonna start getting it together now...I'm in a closet now....I put a lot of cash put now ..so need to wait a few weeks on tent and fans etc, I guess I really need to know before I buy all the rest and can I eliminate the smell with those items to a zero smell or close?

9. My last grow you couldn't smell my plant's until you walked into the room.

10. is it as simple as placing it infront of the exhaust?

11. U better get a carbon filter fast braw!! Its gonna reek like hell!
    I use ona gel and ozone genartor and the most expensive carbon filters and still reaked!!

12. No way I can't have that ....pm if you didn't wanna say here....how many plants ...strains ..etc...please

13. No, it's not. Ona gel may work a bit, but you'll definitely need a carbon filter ASAP. I wouldn't chance it. You can probably get through veg. PROBABLY, but why chance it? Fans/Filters are almost as necessary as light and medium. Wait on the tent, get the filters and fans. 

14. Ok sweet thanks for the input ..what's the best filter?

15. #15 MyDogSmokesWeed, May 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
    I don't really know too much about what's best. I know it's important to get a high CFM rated filter. Whatever size fan you get you have to have a filter that is rated at least that much as well. For instance if the exhaust fan you get is 500 CFM get at least a 500 CFM carbon filter. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EC01XS/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080ARFF0/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HQAVNI/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are some I found that seem good. I'd also suggest a controller for the fan. When they are on full blast it can be quite loud, so being able to turn it down is very beneficial. Plus it's only $20 extra. 

16. Sweet thanks for the links ...getting a filter now for smell and extra air movement also