When should I clone?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ComptonAssTyler, Dec 12, 2013.

1. I'm going to try cloning my white widow and Wonder Woman I've never cloned before. Was wondering if i do it right before i begin to flower them?

2. Also what is a good light cycle for clones

3. It took me 4 months and about 50 cuttings before I started to get reliable success rates on my cloning attempts.. I tried soil.. Fays Coffee Can Cloner.. found here on GC.. Out of them all I got about 5 cutting to actually root..

I'll walk you through what finally works for me and you can take what you find useful..
    I take my cutting from a max veg state plant.. a day or 2 before flipping to flower.. Or anytime in veg it's big enough..
    I take the lowest branch or branches depending on how many clones I want of that strain as lower branches have the highest levels of rooting hormones..

Place in water as soon as you cut it from the plant.. Any delay will result in an air bubble in the stem and that clone will likely die..
    Next I section that branch into about 2-3 inch long sections each top section with a fan leaf and small top.. trim the fan leaf down to about a quarters size..

Next I scrape a small area on the base of the stem side to expose the white Cambrian layer that new roots will grow from.. Trim the base with a new razor removing the crushed area where you cut it with scissors.. Dip in cloning jell

Insert in medium of choice.. I use 1.5 rock wool cubes for this.. and now the really important part..

Pack the stem very firmly around with soil/wool what ever your using.. I missed this step for a while..

Place finished clone in humid area for 10 days.. A zip lock bag will work.. New clones like to be humid but not wet.. Mist the inside of the bag-container not the plant it'self.. vent twice a day..

Clones root faster when the roots are warmer then the crown.. place the clone and bag on a slightly warm surface..

Low to medium light till it's rooted..

I use a seedling heat mat.. a seedling cloning tray and lid and 4 CFLs for my cloning station..

http://static.grscty.com/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-645641-0-82771200-1386724296.jpg

4. Wow that is a process, get a EZ CLONE bucket, take your cutting slice them on a 45 at the bottem with a clean razor then split the stem in half about 1/4 inch up from the bottem with the razor blade dip in clone gel put in cloner with 1/4 strenght plant food (whayever you use for grow) i have never before cloned tried this method 100% sucess rate every time since real east good long roots in about 7-10 days maybe even less.

5. I always cut the stem at a 45 with a razor blade, scrape immediately, and dip in cloning jell. Then straight to damp soil in a solo cup and placed in a domed seed starting tray. About a 90% rate. Good luck

6. I use rapid rooters for everything. Think they will work with cloning gel and a humidity dome?

7. this

they are great, soil and hydro ready