when should i clone?seeds from same smoke but one plant smells great and the other ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by excongray, Mar 14, 2009.

1. i have 2 babys doing very well i have 2 150watt cfls soft white and 2 100 watt daylight cfls a blue grow light also they are about 10inches tall they came from the same bud but one smells skunky as hell and the other barly smells at all anyone know why that is and when should i cut a clone off of the plant should i let it be a certin height or size thanks for your time any advice will be well taken

2. #2 xshadowshooter, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2009
    You should search the forums for the answers to these questions, they have all been asked before.

But, because I am a nice guy, I will try to answer your questions as best I can. First off, I highly doubt that you have 150w or even 100w CFLs. If you did, the bulb would be quite a bit larger than your fist, and they are generally hard to find/you would have to order them online. Likely, you have 10-25W CFLs and you should go buy more :)

And the reason they are different, is because they are "children" of two parents. You and your siblings, if you have any, both came from the same two human parents (hopefully, sorry if I opened any old wounds/alien abduction memories), but you don't look (or smell, I would conjecture) exactly the same. In much the same way, a seed contains the genetics from both parents and will express differing physicial features depending on the combination of dominant/recessive genes it receives from its parents.

You can take a clone any time during vegetative growth. You can cut a clone any time after it has three nodes, or so I hear. Also, some people take clones during flowering, but I don't know anything about that.

Hope that clears things up.