When should i be able to sex plants in the Northeast?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Phish508, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Hey all, new to the site and have gotten a ton of help from stickies and from other members. I live in the Northeast and wondering when i should see sexes on plants that are outdoors. They get sunlight all day everyday if that makes any difference. Thx for the help!!!

2. hey phish im thinkin hopefully within the next couple of weeks ,,it depends on strain too,,ive grew sativa bag seed that didnt show female until august...

3. Phish, most hybrid cannabis determines it sexuality between the 4th and 6th week of growth and will produce the preflower then. It should be located in the 5th or 6th branch node near the main stem.

With one exception. If the plant has been topped, it wont display a typical preflower and sexuality cant be determined for as long as 3 months but will still be located near the main stem.

4. ^ what hopper said... You should be able to tell by now.

5. it was topped when it was a bit younger. About three and half feet tall now. Where the nodes meet the stems there are three leafs popping out at most areas. No pistils or anything that i have seen.