when should i add more light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by probenit94, Jan 30, 2010.

1. i have clones and they have just started to root. i have them in rock wool cubes. my question is when can i take the dome off the clone starter. and get the lights closer to it? and how many 23 w cfls should i be using for them? i am just using 1 23 w cfl and its about 3 inchs way from the dome with is 7 inchs high.

2. how many clones?

3. You need about 10k lumens for the first plant, 5k for each plant ofter that.

for CFLs 150 watts of actual power (not the equivilent power) to get around 10k lumens.
    For HPS you only need about 100 watts to get close to the 10k mark.

so for two plants? 200 watts CFLs, or 150w HPS.

You wont really need that much light untill they're flowing, at this stage of thier life i'm sure you could get away with using 4x 23w bulbs.

4. these clones are just starting to root. i still need 4 clfs

5. lower the lights!!! prevent stretching before it happens....from what i got your humidity dome is 7 inches tall and your light is 3 inches above that...you want cfls 2-5 inches away depending on heat...for now get a two socket cfl going on top of each plant...
    ./\ kind of like that...the 8 is the light bulb and the /\ are the two sockets..
    8 8

have one for each plant and keep it as close as possible without burning the plant