When Prohibition Ends

Discussion in 'General' started by fenabar, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Will you be smoking w weed from corps like Phillip Morris?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. No I will be smoking the weed I grow myself.

3. This. I'd like another hobby to do on the side without having an extra fears. 

4. I would have to try it, just so i can say "yeah I just bought weed from a gas station" But i will most likely grow my own plants. The people who lived in my house before me were florists, and they have this awesome lighting track set up and area in the basement. I know NOTHING about botany at ALL but i figure its more of a start than most.

5. When I moved to Cali from FL last year I had a black thumb. But I'm determined! I'm learning and each grow is getting better. Its not the weed that's addictive, its it's cultivation. :)

6. #6 underahoneymoon, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    I will be growing my own.

7. You guys think that when weed gets legalised it'll be ok to grow your own? You can't even do that shit with tobacco.

8. Everywhere in the USA that its legal to have, its legal to grow.

9. Why does everyone always assume Phillip Morris and other cigarette companies will make weed products just because they make tobacco products? It's just stupid and there's no logic behind it

10. I thought Philip Morris has bought patent to the name Marley Joints in the 90s?

But yah, they have the rolling machines, factories, workers, advertisements and marketing outlet.
    If marijuana becomes legal the better question is, why wouldn't they get in on a piece of the action?

Money = money

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I really don't see the marijuana laws taking a step back when prohibition ends. 

12. Read carefully, I said like PM, not PM themselves. It was a simile. More then likely it will be like when alcohol prohibition ended. All the big bootleggers became the big legit corps. Jack Daniels says something like, 'established 18??'. Seems they survived that bit of legislation just fine. :)

My guess is it will be the big seed companies. They are growing them seeds somehow, lol

13. Everywhere in the USA that its legal to have, its legal to grow.

</blockquote>
    That's cause the cigarette lobbies haven't had a reason to put a stop to personal marijuana growing.

But if it ever becomes legal, and if any of the cigarette giants decide to manufacture joints for mass production, I'd think that'd be a good reason for the lobbyist to start whispering in politicians ears in exchange for even more money?

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Actually you can grow your own tobacco, as long as you are not selling it.
    Chicken has had some great tobacco grows and posted pics and procedures.  :smoke:

http://ruralspin.com/2012/01/16/growing-tobacco-3/