When people spew this New-World spirituality/science in person, it sounds annoying

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by shadyonedeath, Jul 26, 2012.

1. #1 shadyonedeath, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
    ....I enjoy reading about it...but soon as I hear someone mentioning the things I read about my mind goes "okay, this is clearly a beginning to form into a fad, tread carefully now" because I know if other morons know and preach it, whom I deem as morons/egotists/etc, then it must be bullshit.

I don't trust this whole "one consciousness" thing yet especially how it's trying to blend in with science and spirituality. Just seems fishy to me.

And I can't trust someone telling me to sacrifice more in order to be happy, or to live morally righteous in the eyes of others...it's like "excuse me, I don't owe anyone anything, i'm sure not gonna waste my time pleasing others for their approval"...but they see that as selfish...but I see it as the only way.

or tell me to be positive when surrounded by negativity...I know what life is and it's pretty much insignificant shit, nothing to be proud about or feel pride in. We just are. Nothing matters, not emotions, not love, not your achievements, followers, etc.

anyways, my mind is a bit brainwashed by the book The Fountainhead and cynicism, but this just had to be said by me.

2. Lol. Ayn Rand.

I don't buy into New Age shit. All these guru's have no consistent message if you ask me.

3. curious why you laughing at ayn rand?

4. Somewhere online there is a Deepak Chopra phrase generator. It just takes random new age words from his twitter feed and puts them together. Makes just as much sense as he does. "Your life energy is dependent on the positive axials of your own proton alignment." That kind of shit.

Found it.
    http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/
    Mine said: Greatness unfolds into descriptions of marvel.

5. It's actually annoying when people spew it online, too.

6. I think her philosophy ignores that humans have something of a collectivist nature. I agree with her that reason is the best way to acquire knowledge, but I do not agree with her inflated sense of the ego. I also consider her a hypocrite, since she ended up drawing from a social program she so virulently opposed.

7. "I just think that we are all connected to a greater blah blah blah..."

Is the same as...

"I have this peaceful thought that isn't really coherent and I don't know what it means but it makes me feel good and people nod a lot when I say it and its your fault if you don't understand. "

8. Could you elaborate on the collectivist nature?

What I took from her was the division between second-handers and egotist. The selfless egotist who bases his life on the opinion/validation of others and the [non-perverted] selfish egotist who needs no one to validate his actions and relies on his own desire.

I see second handers as the parasites of this world. They're the first to judge and the first to leech.

What did I miss from the book? I don't know much about the author, I just took what I could from the context.

9. Fact facing:

All the atoms that make up me, you, your pets, your car, even the ground you stand upon all came from exploding stars billions of years ago.

You can look up and see those same stars that made up everything around you at night, it is a very humbling knowledge.

10. Random fact #32: Facts require direct observation to be established fact.

11. Okay. Anything else you want to add?

12. ..The fact that it is not an established fact everyone and everything originated from exploding stars...

It is a nice and very interesting theory, don't get me wrong, it's just simply not fact.

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D05ej8u-gU]The Most Astounding Fact - Neil deGrasse Tyson - YouTube[/ame]

It is a fact, anyone with a rational mind will find that out.

14. ^^ another annoying 'fact'.

With all due respect, no shit! All matter came from somewhere but that doesn't explain US as a species. We don't know if we evolved or planted here by aliens, it's all theory. Nobody knows shit, we all just accept it cuz it sounds good and we're tired of searching.

15. LOL

This guy said so, therefore it's fact! duh...

I think we need to cover what a fact is again..

Show me how and where it's been observed that everything that exists came from exploding stars.

16. #16 Ninja20p, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDRXn96HrtY]Dr. Neil DeGrasse - A fascinatingly disturbing thought - YouTube[/ame]

Another good video on the subject. I don't even have to debate you because you're that off. Learn about chemistry, and astro physics, and you will come back to me and apologize.

We are slowly learning more each day, no need to be pissed off you don't know something right now, were you a pissed off little boy at sometime? Or did you approach everything with wonder?

Science is our only hope in learning about us, and there is no need to dismiss things like evolution because 'it's just a theory'. If anything I get annoyed at people that state that, they most likely do not know what being a scientific theory entails. A scientific theory is one that stood up to scrutiny and has lots of verifiable evidence. Yes there is a lot of evidence for evolution, no there is not for any alternative, which makes evolution our only truth on the subject.

It would take A LOT of counter evidence of evolution to discredit it, and it would absolutely make a massive change in the scientific world.

edit:

No scientist is tired of searching. Religious are.

17. Again you sidestepped the question. No doubt it's a very interesting theory, but please state where it has been directly observed..

Just because stars are made up of atoms does not prove we came from exploding stars.

That's like saying the atoms in H2O are comprised of slowly vibrating condensed energy, and since we as humans consist of the same slowly vibrating condensed energy it's proof everyone and everything originated from an explosion of water.

THAT'S NOT PROOF AT ALL.

If you post another youtube video to 'prove' your point without even actually addressing that your claim has not been observed therefore cannot be established fact then this is a lost cause. lol

18. Stars have been observed a great deal, and the same elements inside us are the same ones that are shot far off into the Universe from exploding stars.

Do you know where gold comes from?

Clear as daylight. I'm done with this, you can easily go do your own research on this subject.

19. And the same condensed energy that makes up water makes up us.

What does that prove??

Just because stars are made up of the same elements everything else in the universe is made up of doesn't prove we all came from stars, it simply proves the same elements are used throughout the universe.. lol think about it...

I really think you need to research what it takes to make something an established fact.

20. Alright one more, just because you are acting condescending on a subject you are ignorant of.

Science describes the process by which dust clouds make stars, stars make elements, then eventually explode sending their materials outward. Without the stars making the materials that make us up, there would be none.

Is it sinking in yet? Stars make the elements, that then make us.