When people say thats so "gay" I tend to roll my eyes.

Discussion in 'General' started by gdudeganja, Feb 17, 2009.

1. uhhh.. no duh. No one is using those in the literal sense.

2. Really if you are concerned, then your focus shouldn't be on the word, it should be on the sentiment. I can say ******. Equally, I can say "blacks are sub human worthless creatures who should be strung up". Now tell me, which is more offensive? I've said the dreaded "N word", yet it pales in comparison to my other statement. The sentiment is what you need to go after, as I can be offensive and hateful with any words, in fact probably more so and with more effectiveness than using racial slurs.

BTW, I don't actually think that (the thing about blacks). Was just using it as an example of what I'm trying to say.

3. yah know, saying something is "gay" in a negative context

is almost being sarcastic

we all know, gay also means "happy", or "jolly" if u may

so saying a bad situation is "gay", would be like you're mad and u say you're "JUUUUUUUST great! :mad:"

anyone catch what im sayin?

4. What is it that makes a word offensive?

I mean half the words people seem to get up in arms about these days usually have had another meaning.

I say things are gay from time to time without thinking twice. Its my right to do so and I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Remember it may be annoying to hear people using words you don't like but patronizing people only makes you look bad.

5. I think you missed the entire point my friend. WHY do we use these phrases? I can't control what people say and I have no intention to. I just want to start a dialouge about why we use the same words to talk about something bad, as we do to talk about a group of people. We wont ever be in a pc utopia, but i just wonder why say thoes phrases when other ones are just as easy to say? Why do we love ethnic and minority slurs? Surely most of these phrases started out as an outright hatred of these groups right? ******, being Jewed, faggot most of these words started out with the intent of being mean and spiteful? so over time they lost all the spiteful meanness or what? And the words still mean the same thing. so like I don't get it. "i don't hate your people, i just refer to them when i am talking about something that pisses me off." thats how it hits my ear. thoughts?

6. When people roll their eyes, I tend to say "that's gay"

7. I would have to be condescending to be patronizing people. I'm not being condescending, your being condescending and patronizing. I'm asking people why do we use these phrases not telling people the words are bad. i havn't even got an answer, ever one just keeps saying "I'll say what i please" fine say what ever the fuck you want, i don't care if you call me a "faggot ass jew who fucks ******s". I just thought it would nice to think about why we have this pattern of using words that describe a group of people to talk about bad things. I'm not trying to get people to stop saying these words, I'm wondering why over all other swear words, ones that refer to groups of people are so popular. I'm not the fucking swear police.

8. ******s look that even gets edited on grass city.

9. That was in no way directed at you. I had not even read your original post until you replied to what I had to say. But now that you mention it what did I say that made you think I was patronizing you?

I would consider "I'll say what I please" a fine answer and frankly I am happy that so many people feel that way.

10. People around here that wear fanny packs usually have a pistol with extra ammo in it. Just a heads up if you are down south and feeling cocky.

11. #71 gdudeganja, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    "Remember it may be annoying to hear people using words you don't like but patronizing people only makes you look bad."

that was a little condescending. "I'll say what i please" isn't an answer to my question. I want people to say as they please. I'm not the fucking political correctness police riding in to protect feelings from being hurt. Stop getting off topic and acting like I'm trying to control how people speak. I'll try to phrase this so your limited cognitive facilities can understand this. MY SIMPLE QUESTION IS: WHY DO WE USE WORDS THAT REFER TO GROUPS OF PEOPLE (who we claim we have nothing against) TO ALSO REFER TO THINGS THAT MAKE US ANGRY? keep saying faggot ****** kyke and telling your friends you got "jewed" i don't give a fuck say as you please. But just reflect on the question and answer the question WHY DO WE LOVE TO USE MINORITY SLURS? say as you damn please, but please answer the damn question.

12. Ok just to make myself clear the question in your poll is...

and my answer to said question was not on your poll so I decided to post my answer which was more or less that I would do nothing.

I did not want to upset you as I had previously stated.

13. lol, nice