when is the best time to start flushing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trchd1, May 6, 2011.

1. Yes that is it.

I suppose you could keep watering after harvest if you want to ... But yes. I would say that is correct.

But if you fuck anything up, you live and you learn. I like a 50/50 milky amber color. So with my lemon Thai kush, 9 weeks in, when it's mostly milky I start the flush.

You want it somewhere close like that. I'm using bubbleponics with florakleen during the flush btw

2. Yes that is it.

I suppose you could keep watering after harvest if you want to ... But yes. I would say that is correct.

But if you fuck anything up, you live and you learn. I like a 50/50 milky amber color. So with my lemon Thai kush, 9 weeks in, when it's mostly milky I start the flush.

You want it somewhere close like that. I'm using bubbleponics with florakleen during the flush btw

3. Wow i did not know i had to flush with 3 times the water.. i had flushed my 3 gal plant only with like 5 gallons and i was worried thinking that it was too much water. How will i know if i have flushed correctly?

Am i suppose to flush before and after my flowering stage?

4. Hahahahahhahaah flushing

5. Flushing not that important.  OP had right idea about using only water for last 2 weeks.  Just basically want the plant using up the nutrients so it the bud doesn't taste bad.

6. I had this problem my 1st grow, and do somewhat now. Flushing using final phase for a week up til chop maybe longer.

1st grow I flushed when I saw amber on leaves around 7 weeks, she was pissed and tons of new growth and pistils appeared. Used straight h20, carboload(molasses) and over drive up til harvest. Overdrive is organic so no need to flush.

7. OMG!! when to flush, knowing when plants are close to harvest, color of trichs, hairs receded, do I wait a little longer, reading, trying to figure it out.  I guess its my call, have to make it, this is a little stressful, will need a well deserved good smoke at the end of this!!  I do have some questions after reading these posts regarding flushing...plants are outside in 5 gal. containers.  I used soilless soil (don't ask me why, just read it was good on a post)  Used flora nova grow at early stage, flora nova bloom during early flowering, and now during late flowering using a product Massive Bloom Formulation and Hawaiin Bud which is suppose to increase bloom size etc.  My concern is chemicals, but the 1st 2 ingredients are hydroponic so not sure if that means organic....the latter 2 have some chemicals.  I have approx. 2-4 wks. left on plants before harvesting (1 plant more towards 2 weeks I guess - all in the call !!)  I stopped giving nutrients to that one 3 waterings ago...not sure if I am too early to begin flushing.  If I am should I give the molasses theory a whirl for a couple of times and then superflush (3x water to dirt in pot) 1 week before cutting plant down? I want to make sure chemicals are gone from the plant but I do not want to put a stop to the swelling of the buds and I hear molasses aids in that process (I wonder if u should use molasses in soilless soil)  Or....will the buds swell anyways at the end stage without giving them nutrients??  Any advice out there?? 

8. #28 morr, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013