When is the best time to move outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ncsu, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Assume that im starting the plants inside. when is the best time to move them outdoors for the best chance of survival. How tall do you let yours get before you move them outside.

2. #2 cantharis, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
    I am an outdor grower, and my plants go out under the sun the moment they pop up. My climate is frost free, though.

3. after the risk of last frost in your area. check an almanac or local weather history.

4. i guess my post was a little unclear. im woundering when yall put the plant outside. do

you just throw the seed in the ground? do you germinate it then plant it outside? or do

you let it grow some first? if so how tall?

5. Well I started mine on march 25. They sprouted on about the 30th and ive been growing them ever since. There very lush and nice young plants. Im gonna try to keep them inside as long as I can since its still so cold here. I started before my areas grow window so my plants will have a head start.. I know its going to be may soon but its still kind of cold. But soon I will be transplanting. I want to keep them inside as long as possible but there getting quite big. Even though I started these all early I will still be planting some seeds right in the ground along with my early's.

6. After the last frost in your area is when you should start growing if you're going outdoor, so that's when I say you should put them out.