When is the best time to grow outdoors in Central Illinois.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by smoketochoke420, Mar 8, 2012.

1. New to the forum and wanted to ask when anybody thinks the best time to grow in Central Illinois would be? First time growing outdoors btw any help would be great.

Stay High:smoke:

2. hey welcome to the city!

a general rule of thumb is to get your seeds outdoor around 4/20. i prefer to get real baked and do it haha makes the holiday a little bit more exciting.

youre definitly going to need to read the stickies, as well as posts from other users. theres TONS of information available online thats useful to help you along with your grow.

what strains are you trying out for your first grow?

3. Depending on the weather, you should probably wait until May. Generally the rule of thumb in Illinois and other similar climates mothers day is a good time to get plants in the ground. You can start them indoors to get a head start as well. You don't want to rush things and end up having frost bite you in the ass.

From there all you do is wait. You'll probably want a strain that finishes flowering in 9 weeks or less, as fall weather can get extremely wet.

4. Thanks for the heads up man i thought around 420 would be good , it just makes it more special too you know. But this isn't my first grow but is my first outdoor grow. I got a few Hindu Skunk , and Sweet Tooth :hello: seeds. I hate this moody weather honestly.

Happy Smoking Bros:smoke: