When is the best time to clone?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by mhpguy, Jan 30, 2018.

1. I have done a lot of research and most of what I've read says to take clones about a week before inducing flowering indoors. My issue is that if I do that, won't the cloned plants be huge before my harvest?

I mean if I clone and then flower for minimum of 2 months, am I supposed to have a second grow room just for the clones? Because if I take them in veg, they will be in flower by the time my original crop is ready to harvest.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. I take them right at-around-after I change from veg to flower,
    3 weeks to actually root in rock wool cubes and then 7 weeks to veg in.
    My sets run 10 weeks in flower so I work everything around 4 set dates in the year.
    Veg inside and flower outside I get 4 runs per year in my little patch of back yard.
    [​IMG]
    Lowest branch then clipped down to 3 inches of stem and a thumb of the attached fan leaf. 95% will hit and root. I usually get 2 or 3 cuttings off each lower branch
    [​IMG]
    This set is a couple of weeks along.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. I appreciate the response. So essentially if I don't have the option to put them outside for flower I would need another tent/room using this method?

Is there a huge downside to just taking the clones in flower a few weeks before harvest? That seems ideal to me since the clones would be ready for veg grow right around harvest times and I could just switch them out. I understand that it can take a while for a flowering clone to take root and revert back to veg growth, but I don't see a better alternative since I'm limited in my growing space and don't have multiple rooms available.

4. You dont need a very big space but ya it works best with a separate veg space
    Much past a week or 2 in flower the odds of a clone rooting drops faster the further in flower you get

BNW

sent from my spaceship in orbit around Omicron Persei 8

5. Ok thanks again for the info.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Taking clones of a budding plant is called Monster cropping will take twice as long for it to grow roots and also convert back to veg but when it does you will get so many branches sprouting out of the bud you will really need to thin some of it out, also when it reverts back to growth it will grow single fingered leaves but eventually revert back to 3,5,7 and so on, but it takes ages for them to revert back to veg anywhere’s between 4-6 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Here is a couple pics of mine that i had monstercropped. Mic Taylor is right it took about 4 1/2 weeks to veg, but what u get is awsome. 1520513748260.jpg 1520513753299.jpg 1520513758134.jpg
    Grape ape strain.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1