Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When is safe to drive

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Boredest, Dec 12, 2016.

1. How many hours would you consider yourself not at risk for a dui?

I believe 2hrs is enough for myself, although I worry that may not be enough if there is a checkpoint.

2. In my 20 years of smoking I have never worried about being high and cops.
    Been pulled over many many times while high and it's not the same as being drunk.

Yeah if I drink, I won't drive.
    High? I'll smoke while I'm driving...

True Story, I was speeding in my truck when I was 19 and blew past a hidden cop on a bike, there's still smoke in my truck and a half smoked bowl on the floor where I threw it when I saw the lights.

He pulls me over, walks up before I even have a chance to grab my documents, sticks his head in the truck, takes a big inhale, and says 'you're speeding'.
    Writes me a ticket and goes on his way.

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. It's not illegal to smell like marijuana it's illegal to possess it - Barry Cooper. I'd worry a lot more about being pulled over if you have weed with you rather than if your high and have nothing on you. Not really sure how weed duis work but I think they are difficult to prove.

4. After a good munch and weed nap. Jk

I get sketched when I drive immediately after a sesh but it doesn't effect my abilities just makes me feel unsure/uncertain and overly cautious.

5. Only time it's safe to drive is if you got some weed to light up....

6. I'd say it's safe to drive while under the influence of marijuana. I've never been pulled over, gotten into an accident, or anything crazy while stoned.

Being high is NOTHING like being drunk and it frustrates me that non smokers often treat them exactly the same.

I'm a much better driver while stoned.

7. #7 Boredest, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    While i agree with everyone, I also did some research to find out the answer.

To not be in any risk of a DUI, you have to test >5ng/ml for THC.
    To fall below that limit, it will take 2-3 hours.

8. I've never had a problem with driving while high.

How can you tell me this plant is not good for me?

9. I don't know what other states are like this but in Colorado you can't be over 5 nanograms. They said the average person would be under this in 3 hours.

But yeah I never worried about it smoke and drive.

• Like Like x 1
  10. i think it has to do more with where your driving, outer city or dead roads it all good, but dealing with traffic can become a bit daunting.

it's all in one's comfort level

• Like Like x 2

11. nice what changed? Washington test when thy first doing it seemed unfair since one needed to be clean 48-72 hours to pass

12. Wait guys, I know weed isn't like alcohol, still, driving under the influence of marijuana is dangerous. When driving you should be as attentive as possible and weed is a depressing substance, so it is not safe to drive high.

Think that it's not your life which is in risk, but other lives.

You shouldn't be high/drunk/drugged when driving (only some stimulants like caffeine should be taken)

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

13. Thanks dad

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Not sure just the info in a packet they gave me when I bought the weed there

15. must be the test itself this was blood test I think they made a lot of money writing tickets they got it in at same time it was legalized there.

as for the effects of the high depends on strain sativa or indica (very little around) body high would advise against driving sativa high you may barely notice the effects

16. I would have no problem on someone driving while high if other human lives were at risk, but that's not the case.

You don't wanna die from a car accident because of someone who took the car while drunk.

Then probably someone doesn't want to die from a car accident because of someone who took the car while high, and again, I know the risk is much lower, but it is still there and it's irresponsible to drive while drugged.

Again, I think you can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't harm others.

You know what they say: Your liberty ends where others liberty start.

PS: For things like this legalisation is difficult, we are giving people actual things to argue with.

17. I'm don't get all giggly wierd when i smoke. no paranoia ,no seeing shit , no being lost is some bullshit time continuing loop. I'm normal, just normal. that's why I smoke, it don't effect me like that.

18. lol I'm not arguing this point with you about it being like another drug or like alcohol that's just stupid.

19. Then I don't see why you smoke, cannabis isn't supposed to make feel normal, if you're high or stoned you aren't normal.

If you have a high tolerance, to the point where it really just calms you a bit but you don't feel noticeable effects, then sure, go driving.

But, when I smoke pot I do it for the effects (that's why I don't smoke tobacco or other herbs), and while those effects don't make me unable to drive like alcohol could, still, I'm high and I have short term memory loss (a cannabis effect), and it's difficult for me to focus about something for a long time, and I focus on things that are not important. Those effects, while you can drive with them will surely make your driving more dangerous.

So, again, if taking depressant drugs or stimulants with very high effects, then simply do not drive.

Is it that difficult to wait until you get wherever you have to get and smoke there?

Don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't not smoke working as I would not smoke driving, I would just wait until I came home.

And again, driving high makes it twice probable to crash, while I think alcohol makes it 50 times or so, but still, you shouldn't drive.

I wanna however say again: If the dose you take doesn't really have noticeable effects because of tolerance, it's ok, go driving.

20. I'm saying that, while marijuana is obviously much safer to drive on, it's still more dangerous that doing so while being sober.

Of course MJ isn't like alcohol and of course is safer (much more if eaten).