When is it time to give up on a plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by highschoolsenior82, Jul 15, 2017.

1. I purchased six clones. Only these two are hanging on. I most likely over watered them and then the soil would never dry out, they where all in plastic pots. I went purchased my first bag and re-planted the smaller of the two. The big one is still looking a little one the weak side, and wondered if I should take it out of the plastic pot and place in a bag? Urgggh! Any advice? Oh and I think my moisture control soil won't dry out. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Can u give me some info on your set up

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

3. Lol your looking at! Here are some pics[​IMG][​IMG]

Not much to it. Thanks for any advice

4. Oh they are on a 12/12 water once a week I used some thrive and that's it in a nutshell

5. doesnt look like much as far as lighting goes

6. Yeah I went in the cheap, but what type of bulb should I be using, really can't buy new lights?

7. If you can supply the most important part your plants are gonna suffer

8. More light more drainage,what kind of soil are you using? How much wattage for your lighting set up and what kind of lights?

• Agree Agree x 1

9. $85

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. if it keeps yellowing, maybe time to start over, but it looks like it wants to thrive. Use alot more bulbs, closer to the plant and it needs some Nitrogen in flower also. put some splitters on those lights add more bulbs and they are way too far away. what bulbs are you using now ?

11. [​IMG]
    This is what I am using

12. [​IMG]

13. You need more light than that

• Like Like x 1
  14. Could you give me a bulb size?

15. To answer your thread topic question: When is it time to give up on a plant? - Now. And before you start again you need a shitload more light.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Can you be a little more specific than shit ton?

17. If that's an 8 watt u need like 6 more of those is it a cfl or led

18. Don't know what kind of light that is but you need to go with at least 3 cfl's per plant. Lighting should be just a few inches above the plants and Miracle Grow sucks for cannabis. Time released nutrients stay in the system too long and too much nitrogen for flowering plants.

19. Spend 100$ on a light and you will not regret it. Or go to your box store nearby and get the Slyvania Flood light LED bulbs. They are 13 watts, maybe get 4 of them, that should be good for one or two plants.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I just went and got one of these[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2