When is it time to cut her down?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by uneek386, Jun 13, 2012.

1. I lost track of the dates on when she started and suppose to end and this is my first grow, so my question is when do I know it's time to cut her down?

2. I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting for about 60 to 80% of the white hairs have retracted back. You can check the trichs too,(the crystals) Also I think the leaves near the bottom should be dying and turning yellow.

3. ok my lady still have white hairs everywhere. and yes mine have done the same lol.

4. A picture will speak more than a 1,000 words !

5. I'm so sorry i been busy with work i haven't had the time to take some shots. But i got off early today and here are some photos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you all and i honestly wouldn't have had such a great outcome if it wasn't for this site. Thank you all so much for the help you have given me and the heads up. Thanks in advance.

6. she looks great, but not done yet, i cant see the trichs but from the hair itself it tells me she needs more time. The hair will start to brown and usually when about 75 percent is brown she will be ready to come down. its hard to judge by the site you order your seeds from as different phenos will have a different flowering times usually give or take. i always examine my crystals and when they are milky white to amber color she is ready. great plant man. your going to be one happy stoner haha.

R2

7. Thank you brother. this is my first grow and i got the seed from a friend who claims in some sort of widow. Anywho, i doubt it but thank you i notice some very little have turn a little brown on the tips but not much. And i am excited so i am guessing another month maybe she will be ready. Thanks so much R2.

8. Np at all, the tips could be from you touching it as well. when you touch it i believe the oils from your hands can turn them brown, and remember when the top is ready it doesnt always mean the rest is ready at the same time, i sometimes chop tops then wait for the rest to mature.

R2

9. When u "chop top" u just cut the bud? Or from the stem?

10. Tops being the main bigger buds, right below them cut the stem and leave smaller buds to get bigger and mature more. depending on circumstances of course.

11. Thanks a lot been lots of help brother.

12. When the leaves start to yellow and the hairs on the nugs are mostly amber colored it's time to chop

13. Thanks Phil.