When is it safe to put my seedlings in bubbler?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by striker1, Dec 22, 2011.

1. I have 8 seedlings growing and I would like to put them in the buckets, when ready , but I don't want to rush it and kill them. Any tips..TIA

2. Wait at least a week or so...let them roots manifest so then the bubbles are for sure going to be hitting them.

3. So how long should the tap root be before I put them in the hydroton.

4. you can put them in now...do it asap!!!! be very, very careful to not handle the taproot to reduce contamination...

hydroton should sit maybe an inch above the water and then bring it down once your roots start to poke...gl :D

5. Thanks 4 the input I'm gonna ready my pots,
    pics as soon as I can figure it out.

6. and if i think you are doing what i think you are doing...it can be done...cuz ive dont it....you can put the seed directly into the hydroton...since you have broken seed...i would try to put them down all the way to where the cotyledon set is actually being supported by the hydroton (basically sitting on top while the tap is below...there will be no way possible for you to rig it to sit up) hope i didnt confuse you...if i did...then just place it down as far as you can and allow light to get to the cotyledon since they are already germinated...

7. The seedlings are in 1 inch rockwool cubes and there is a taproot coming out the bottom.