When is it okay to prune/trim? Large fan leaves too?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ClydeWalters, Dec 18, 2018.

1. I bought some cheap Chinese crap LEDs years ago and they work great with no problems! They're the much maligned burple lights that I've come to depend on, especially in veg. If they crap out today it doesn't matter, I got my moneys worth.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Man I feel that, I’ve been nothing but happy with my white light LEDs from who knows where. But this brand made all the top ten lists, it’s all over YouTube performing incredibly for a $54 light I started with! Now I’ve got its bigger brother in the tent as well, CRUSHING IT

459D1352-BA29-43DB-9DE4-E88DEEB68365.jpeg 8F565F93-3CD2-4939-A272-2178D4148424.jpeg 8870A372-EE94-4C75-9F22-B7CE7E6E8BEC.jpeg

My node spacing is MINIMAL as fuck which I like to a degree

• Like Like x 2
  3. Have you seen mars hydro new qb light? There's a give away going on and sale.

For 1 sp-150 it will be 125 usd after you use coupon code: GC on www.mars-hydro.com

Sent from my LGL82VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. I like that rub the stem advice. Never heard that before.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. #25 ClydeWalters, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Yea I actually spoke to Sara about it briefly. I had offered to do a side by side tent comparison grow with Mephisto Sour Crack genetics only.

But turns out I’m skipping all the bullshit and ordering 2x QB96 Elite V2’s in about 8 days when my settlement gets here ;)

Same, I’m curious to try tho

• Like Like x 2

6. You’re running three lowryders right man? Some autos do better trained, topped, and not. Train two, top one, and let one go natural jungalo style not trained or topped. You may be surprised with your findings doing this. For example my Mephisto Deez Nugs would’ve performed better not topped, but I topped them all. Naturally short indica plants (like yours) often benefit from that one big main cola. Especially in fast finishing autos. I think I noticed your pots aren’t massive either, which is fine, but theyll flower soon. so won’t have a lot of recovery time if you plan to top more than once.

7. Yea I won’t be topping any of the Lowryders that’s for sure. I’d end up with 2 much smaller colas since this has the potential to be an 8-9 week strain if u get good stock. I think LST and some trimming might be it this batch.

Now all my Sour Crack seeds and freebies from Mephisto arrived today ;) ;) ;) running home on my lunch break to open them up and see what my Xmas freebies are!!! so as of today I’m germinating a maximum of 3 Mephisto seeds. I will top one and train it. train one, and do something with the 3rd I’m not sure yet. Might try out lollypopping

8. Also one of my Lowryders has shown some form of mutation in the form of.. well... everything that’s happening on my big plants is happening on my 3rd... SUPER MICRO plant.. I mean I’ve got full blown side branching and it’s an INCH tall... with 6 side branches... this might possibly be the smallest full structure Cannabis plant ever grown haha. It’s nuts man I’ve never seen anything like it.
    F1AB18D2-A5E7-43AE-8406-E60CBE3CD457.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Manifolding :D

10. Take some pics of the Mephisto unboxing man! Stick those stickers in your tent where your main photo shoots happen and show off Mephisto pride. Throw pics up of your gear!!

Also, I’m very interestingly surprised at how short your plants are and getting the nodes that they are. Looks very neat. You’re going to have some 1 foot squat but fat bushes.

Now you’re about to have six plants going. With the wattage you have that’s fine. But what’s next? 9? 12? Your next purchase should be a better HPS IMO. I’m firm on keeping HPS for the base. Before LED etc it was the tried and true way to grow dank nugs. Puts off warmth, looks like sun light, just feels right to grow with IMO. Keep those LEDS as supplemental but get you a good HPS and you shouldn’t have any restrictions man.

It ain’t all about money, but you gotta invest a little in this hobby truly to get product better than what the street offers.

11. Oh I’ll def shoot a video of the Mephisto unboxing ;) I ordered 2 days b4 they shut down for Xmas website and all! So I bet it’s LOADED with goodies!! I punch out at 4:45 and I’ll be home by 5:30 to open it up for you guys!!

As far as how short and TIGHT my plants are... I attest that FULLY to the BLOOMSPECT line of LED lights. I’m TELLING you guys... I’m onto something! These are NOT traditional blurples!! Their loaded with good quality PROPER SPECTRUM bridgelux LEDs and my plants fucking LOVED IT. Even more so when I tripled my led wattage.

As far as buying an HPS... I won’t be doing that just yet, as my settlement check clears In 8 days and I’m buying the following:

2x - QB96 Elite V2’s with top notch meanwell driver to run each board at 200Watts!!
    2x - supplemental QB side lighting such as far red, and royal blue from Samsung to bump up my red and blue spectrums.
    1x - 2x4x7 tent
    1x - 10” carbon exhaust system
    ?x - Mephisto after Xmas stock seeds ;) we will see some new breeds come Jan 4th people!

Tell me what u think about my BLOOMSPECT lights being why my plants look so good. That HPS and that 600 watt have only been around since Friday do all I had was the 300watt led (145 from the wall)

12. What? Lol

13. Get 4x4x7 or 4x8x7. You’ll be much happier. Find space.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I take big leaves whenever there blocking any site, first and second photo is on the 15th of December the third and fourth photo us on the 18th so 3 days after a defoliation. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Yea I was thinking about caving in and getting a 4x4.. but then I think i’d Want 4 QB96’s if I did that

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. You look like you have a decent budget. Skip somewhere else and just get a big tent. Get that big fan as planned. Retire the small tent if you gotta. You’ll always find yourself wanting bigger and more. So start big.

17. Main lining its basically scrog without the net you create a sort of Y shape manipulating your plants this way does and will dramatically increase your yield look it up on groweedeasy

18. I’m not exactly operating with a liscense here... lol I’m lucky I get to have what I have man. I’m doing WAY better than I had plans to be doing lol. I got re-addicted day one being a true blue Addict anyway haha

Awesome I’ll check that out

19. Exactly. You aren’t operating with a license. You think they’re gonna give you much different time for 6 plants vs 10? Yeah right. If you’re gonna commit a felony, make it worth it. Fuck goin to jail for three or four plants. I’m not saying start a warehouse but atleast grow enough to where you can comfortably take a few months off at a time when you’re feeling like it’s getting hot.

All due respect though man. I just want to see you excel, and if you can get twice the space for 50,60 more bucks... why not? You don’t gotta use all the space. But it’s nice to have extra room if need be.