when is Canada gonna legalize WEED?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by NUKEYOURASS, May 24, 2009.

1. i live in anada and i want to smoke up legally!
    i have no problem doing it illegally, but weed isnt harmful, so fuck the government!:smoking:

2. I would suggest you watch The Union if you haven't that will probably answer that question for you.

The general belief is Canada is afraid of pissing off the US.

Which makes the likely answer, soon as the US does.

But seriously that is on you guys, Canada generally has more lenient MJ laws than the US, so you guys need to be fighting for it because you are closer than most places if you guys can make progress and set a good example of what happens when pot laws are reformed then the world will follow.

3. Prohibition laws have already been judged in court to be unconstitutional (at least in Ontario)..
    It really makes me angry that despite those court rulings, people are still being persecuted for weed here. Although the be fair, the laws are very lenient and people smoke in public all the time

4. The day that Canada legalizes weed (before the U.S.) is the day that Canada loses all U.S. government funding.

5. Realistically, we're much better of in terms of money then you guys...

You need our resources and NAFTA makes sure you get them unfairly.

6. The money the USA would supposedly stop giving to Canada; would most certainly be made back in the tourism industry.

7. When they stop letting the U.S. run their country.

8. qft

If weed was completely legal and regulated in Canada, tourism in Canada would BOOM!

9. Assuming the US doesn't change border procedures as a result. Wait times and all that can already suck with back ups and searches and all that, if they tighten it down more because Canada legalized then Canada would lose money.

10. I think they would break once they saw their allie of the north not fall and burn for being legal.

11. Lol, marijuana laws in ontario are a joke. A buddy of mine got caught at a dance with a bottle of wine and they took him into the office, the VP checked his bag, found a half o and a scale and he didn't even get police involved.

Ontario :D

12. Dude the cops in Canada don't really care about toking...

13. I've never met another person that was charged with weed possesion, or heard of it happening to anyone in highschool. Unless your selling cpoious amounts of dope, most cops dont give a fuck here. Just don't go around blowing smoke in popo's faces and you'll be fine (unless your at a rally, then its okay.)

14. Yeah I've heard about the pot rallies in Canada... Haha. Those would be sick :D. Cops don't even give a shit that you're toking.

15. sucks in mississauga at our school, they treat weed like the devil