when is a good time to start growing i live in the north johnstown p.a.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WaterSleeps, Mar 19, 2008.

1. as the tittle says i live in johnstown p.a. 50 miles from pittsburg and i wanna know when i should start my plants still fairly cold out tho nights vary from 20-50 f days vary from 30-65 f any advice would be helpful thanx.......

2. If you're going to plant directly outside, instead of starting them inside and moving them out, you need to wait a little while, at least until after the last frost has hit. Plus don't want it getting too far below 50 at night. My guess is a month or so. Good luck.

3. makes sense thanx thats a big help bought alot a feminized seeds 300 dollars worth so i don't want my seedlins to die cause of stupidity

4. You just answered my concern I just posted in the other thread. So yah, better safe then sorry.

5. the last frost here in ohio is may 3rd I dont suggest planting right into the ground tho the wind/rain/elements/cool early summer will probably lead to less surviving then starting them indoors for a couple of weeks with a fan on them to build strength of stem. Just my opinion from my experiences tho

6. That would be my suggestion as well, especially if you want the maximum chance of survival. The farmer's almanac for where I'm at in CT says end of April for the las frost. But keep your eye on the forecasts when the time approaches.

7. i'm hopin to start em by april 15th