When is a cloning system worth it?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by WildRoseToker, Jul 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I have been making my clone directly into soil with some root hormone on the stem, myco starter and I have an alright success rate. If I don't make many clones would it be worth it to use rockwool, rapidrooter or something similar? Is it that much better or easier?

2. I've never cloned but I had a friend who used to do it in rockwool and it worked pretty good.

3. If it works don't fix it.
    I couldn't get clones to root for nothing and it was a long time before I figured out what it took in my very hot dry conditions, Rockwool cubes, tiny 1 inch cuts and a dome. I take lots of cuts as while most will eventually root I can't wait forever so it the first ones to hit and root are the winners. Rest get tossed as trash.

BNW

4. Yeah rapid rooters for sure in a ziplock to keep em moist plus you will know when the roots pop.

5. I’ve been getting super lazy and just clone into soil in a solo cup. I think I’ve lost 2 out of maybe 40 in the last 6mo. It’s sooo low maintenance.
    I just take 100% peat moss and place it in a solo cup. Wet it till it’s saturated, then cut a clone, dip in rooting hormone and place the stem in the wet peat moss. (Don’t forget the drain hole in the solo cup).
    I’ll put 4-6 clones in the plastic tub and then mist the inside of the tube with water and put the lid on it. Then pop the 2ft T5 on top of the lid and call it done. 2-3 weeks later I usually see roots poking out the drain hole.

you can open the lid and mist every day or just leave it alone for two weeks. It all seems to work for me. I once forgot about them for a full 8days and came back to find them perfectly fine. So now I just look in the tub to make sure nothing weird is happening and then open it up in two weeks and repot them

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. I think I tub like that is just what I need. No more plastic bag domes.