Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When Is A Bowl Considered Done?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stoner099, Jul 7, 2014.

1. When it's all white ash it's cashed to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I hate smoking from the "community bowl". I like one-hit 'snaps' where I can cash the whole thing in one breath. If someone else is smoking with me, then they get to do the same. 

3. All white or until it poops in your mouth

4. until you don't draw anymore smoke? thats when it should be for everyone unless you enjoy wasting weed. lol.

5. I must be a weed waster. Once it stops producing good smoke and it tastes funky, goodbye. It's going in the trash. One reason I really love it is because of the taste. If you take that away, then for me personally, you've taken away a huge part of the experience. So when it gets to that point, I don't want it. I don't mean when it gets black. Don't get me wrong. I always give it one good smash with the bottom corner of my lighter to break up any uncooked stuff, but then that is usually directly preceding my last hit. I can honestly tell you that, until now, I didn't realize that it could even be smoked that far. Now I know and I still wouldn't dream of smoking it to that point.
    But as was stated before, to each their own.

6. I hit it till it's white ash all the way through and It's not even able to light anymore , I've had friends throw a bowl away with ash on top but weed under neath it and it pissed me off that he wasted that much

Stay Lifted~

7. when there's nothing but bits of charred weed in there..

8. If you dont want ash in your mouth, here is a tip. If you smoke out of a spoon bowl, instead of throwing your stems away, break the branches so you have straight bud stems, then stick them into the mouth piece of the bowl, and push it a little bit to the middle of the stem of the bowl. As you get more bud, shove more stems in there. Not only does the stems catch the ashes, but if you ever find yourself dry of bud, you have a good collection of ressed up stems to smoke. I personally dispose smoking rez alone, as little black blobs, but when you do the stem trick, you have rezzed up plant matter. Its also easier to light then just pure rez.

Hah, yeah... that sounds like it might be a good idea. Personally though, i usually just use loading techniques and positioning to avoid inhaling chunks. As long as i load my bowl a certain way, and don't pull too hard, i usually don't have to worry about it. And when i am worried about it, i just position myself in such a way that any solids that come through, don't go straight to the throat.

10. #30 aToker, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
    I go for very little green, or black/no green at all. i don't smoke ash, especially once it's white/grey. 

I remember the kids who did this had a minimum amount of money and bud... aka broke.

11. Once the green is gone off the top, I give it the ol' tap-a-roo. Once the remaining bottom layers start to turn grey, I clean it out. That last little pinch hit worth of charred carbon isn't going to do much for you other than leave a bad taste and scoobage in your mouth. 

12. as soon as the green is gone off the top. Ill give a stir and one more hit. I don't think there's really any thc in those ash hits.

on a side note, it's kind of awkward when I smoke pipe bowls with people because if it's their weed I don't wanna be rude and pass it up and fuck up the rotation, and if it's my weed I feel weird passing it when I would normally just dump it out. 

13. I smoke it until it won't light anymore

14. I buy only the clear glass bowls so this wont work for those with colored bowls, light it on one corner, take my toke, cover the bowl with my hand to snuff it so it does not keep burning. Light it again and watch for the cherry, when the cherry goes out my bowl is done. I pack smaller bowls and pack more as necessary, I found this is a great mix between conservation and keeping the hit as tasty as possible.

15. White ash? Once the ahs turns black for me it just doesn't light anymore lol how the fuck do I get white ash??

16. n=number of people
    w= weight of bud
    b=size of bowl

n+5(/2)*w-b=cached

17. Just keep hitting it till it's all charred and ends up as white ash like when a fire is completely burned out and there's white coals , I usually always smoke a bowl till its completely ash but if you don't it doesn't really waste much

Stay Lifted~

18. When it turns black im pretty much done with it.

19. when there is nothing left but the hole in the bowl of the tool you used.

20. I take snaps mostly, so when im done inhaling i want to see all white ash. I also don't see a problem with people throwing out already burnt or black weed if they don't like the taste and can afford it.