When I'm high I sometimes start to understand Christianity...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by quitecontraryy, Aug 1, 2011.

2. I often watch the Atheist Experience because of some of the RIDICULOUS callers they get. For example someone tried to say that the fact a banana can perfectly fit in a human's hand is empirical evidence that we are the product of intelligent design. And that happened on multiple occasions! lmao! At any rate, I found this video to be exceptional and his tone is humbling (his being the bald guy, the main host of the show.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAuFJKQh83Y]‪The Real Cost Of Religious Faith - Atheist Experience 696‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

3. I don't understand why an obviously non-educated theist would call into the "atheist experience" saying they have proof of intelligent design. Those guys are very intelligent men with persuasive arguments. The problem is intelligent design is purely subjective. You can choose to believe it's empirical evidence or you can choose to believe it's not. I think the reason the banana thing is so popular on that show is because there is a very popular tract floating around that gives "logical" reasons to believe in God. One of the weaker reasons is the banana model. I don't think a banana could prove God exists... and to me it is a bit juvenile (and I am a Christian :p). It may be a cool lesson in 1st grade science class, but as we know those grade levels are really just training wheels;)

/ramble

4. #64 m00zix, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    It's more often than not angry Christians that don't think before they speak. Rather, call. But that does not negate the points baldy makes.

If you literally interpret the bible, it's not as subjective as you state. That is the point he was making in the video more than anything (that's why he goes as far as to call religion poison; though I don't remember if he explicitly said "religion".) It's one thing to believe the universe was created by a higher power but it's another to believe those around you will suffer an eternity for not adhering to your same beliefs because the bible says so.

5. More relevant video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66LQYYafEcE&NR=1]‪Crazy Caller #18 - Blind, Deaf, and Oh So Arrogant - Atheist Experience 503‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

6. when people are high, some random religion expert fuck comes and start being a smart ass