When I'm high I sometimes start to understand Christianity...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by quitecontraryy, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Mocking others for their beliefs does not bode well for your development as a person that values the same right.

2. I'm not mocking anyone... I found it extremely coincidental and didn't see a parallel between Jesus' depicted healings in the bible and my story until Cannabliss put it in to perspective for me. I can type up a brief excerpt if you like? :(

3. lol....your post of pic seems to indicate otherwise....just sayin'

4. I thought he implied his healings were true and wanted clarification. My analogy of Bob Dole is as valid as Jesus healing anyone in the context of the bible.

5. That mocks his belief, imo.

That is not the way to get someone to clarify, as you have negated them.

6. That's not really mocking... no where did he say they were ridiculous or say anything in an assholish way. All he pointed out was that just because it says it in the bible, it doesn't make it legit. He seems to have done this by talking about his story.

Religion isn't a magic topic that deserves freedom from criticism. and he didn't even criticize really.

7. :bongin:
    i agree.
    and even if he was mocking it, big fucking deal.
    i mock things that are baseless all the time. :laughing:

8. However, I do like that he referred to Jesus as a shaman. I think I shall from now on.

9. When I use 'shaman' in a sentence it's more like:

"Sheeeya' mon!!!! Let's smoke that baddie :smoke:"

10. no doubt...^ Some times it may make people really analyze what they think, but more often than not it'll make them cling to it more...

I have seen too many times on this forum where somebody will jump on somebody's back, and make personal accusations about that person's POV...

Moo, Im glad you werent mocking, but thats how it came off..apologies to you.

Constructive criticism about a statement is part of discussion and moving forward in thought. That is all.

11. I understand, but I can only have the same conversation so many times with different people before I change my approach. In this case it was more blunt.

12. Besides, Bob Dole is the fucking man.

13. #53 wsrd4b2, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That's what my world religions professor said, only in more academia friendly terms. I agree read the bible as a story of lessons and patterns for life, and you'll be happier...

Oh wait, forgot I was gay for a second. Even interpreting the bible that way still makes me wrong. Oh Christianity what love and hate we hold for each other

14. lol...shouldve made it about his gimp cock....heh

15. What does it mean to understand Christianity?

16. If it's fallacious, why care if people are too dumb to realize it?
    If no existence awaits us after we die, then why does it matter what other people believe?
    What's the big deal if all religion is fake and we're merely living for our"selves"?

btw, I'm honestly asking these questions, not trying to beat the straw man

17. cuz they fuck up education, health care, the justice system, and oppress freedoms due to the inspiration of their religion and following what it says. it creates a safe place for bigots and hypocrites and those who put themselves above others, and it pervades even secular events such as basketball games. religion is continuing to slow the development of our race down. and of course, you get those who kill others for it.

cuz they bring stuff to my house to convert me, cuz the churches extort innocent people, and because there is a massive pedophilia and money-laundering thing currently that the vatican is covering up. because they spend much of there time causing death by telling africans not to use condoms, and telling hispanics that condoms have microscopic holes to let aids in.

they do fucked up shit for and because of their beliefs.

not all of them obviously. but waaaaaaaaay too many.

18. Is it really religion or just humans?
    Well, if it's false who cares? I don't hate the mormon guys nextdoor when they try to convert me every day. I just smile and say, "have a good day" because I believe they follow false doctrines, but hating them won't change anything. Now, those last few I can say are caused by some religions but not the totality? Isn't that like saying, "I hate all Asian people because a few robbed my house and killed my wife"?

I agree some religions are this way, but why hate on all of them if this short life is merely all we have, ya know?

19. I don't know how to do the specific quote thing so bear with me.

It really is religion, firstly. It really is. Many of the things i listed are fueled by religion. would they exist without it? yeah. but there wouldn't be that extra push behind it.
    if its false who cares if they extort people? cmon. it's wrong.
    I don't blame all religions, and i certainly don't hate them. its mainly XTNY and Islam. with some judaism like slicing kids dicks and the settlers in palestine. some hindu like the classes thing. its like saying "i hate all asian people because many many asians have repeatedly robbed my house and killed my family and friends while indoctrinating my kids in school."

20. Ahh no prob. When you're writing your response there is a button to the left of the # sign and if you highlight text and click it, it specifically quotes the highlighted text. They look like (QUOTE) (/QUOTE) but are the square brackets, if there are two of the same codes next to eachother like this (/QUOTE) (/QUOTE) then delete one of them. Hope that helps!

Who are we to say certain things would be differently without religion? There are many atrocities which are not correlated to religious backgrounds that have happened. I think the problem is humanity not religion. You may say humanity is messed up from religion, but I say it's inherently messed up.

But that generalization is fallacious as soon as there is an Asian person who does not do what those Asian people did to you, ya know? Just as, there are religious people who don't participate in the militant religious practices and see it as wrong.