When I'm high I sometimes start to understand Christianity...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by quitecontraryy, Aug 1, 2011.

1. No it doesn't. This rock has been In orbit for 4.6? Billion years!! And life has been around for what maybe a,million or 2 if lucky. And this guy just said yeah I made all this so telepathicly communicate with me? I want to beleave ill have something to look toward to but I just can't :( I do like what religion does teach people though. Just my opinion. I hope all you beleavers are right and if you are maybe you will except me into the kingdom of heaven. once your gone it will be nothing, every trace of you will eventually be nothing. Every little thing no matter how famous you are how many videos you made they will ALL be gone. Just my thoughts

2. #22 m00zix, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
    For me, it was further understanding Christianity is just a collective organization of beliefs and seeing those beliefs from another point of view. It has nothing to do with the supreme being aspect; in my mind that was just implemented to govern the collective belief system and nothing more. What a powerful tool religion is. I now look at religions as a political party; they each have their own distinct set of beliefs, but most are simply too widespread to take a place in a political election. Too bad most religions are rotten to the core with their agendas and such.

3. #23 cripin210Tx, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    what is this belief system you talk about? When you say amen you say I believe. But in what??

4. You'd probably be better off asking a Christian that. I just thought of the belief in an afterlife as a clear, concise belief that helps emphasizes Christianity, but my mind is way too hazed right now to think of how to easily define Christianity by it's beliefs (it's comparable to that of a political party; think about what defines a democrat as such)

5. What about my open sexuality, or my gay brother? I don't think we should follow someones moral code, it isn't fair and wouldn't make the world better, morality always will be subjective.

6. It was a book that was constructed a LONG time ago by many different people. Things change and develop and of course the writtings not being in collaboration with one another are going to contradict one another at some point, and that they do. So again, don't interpret it so literally/realize that was then, this is modern time.

7. Literalism hating on literalist views:

These make me laugh.... because they are funny.

[​IMG]

And cry, when people really read the Bible this way, believer or not.

8. that pic is awesome hahaha

9. Yea, p-funny stuff as long as those aren't actual, sole arguments one has with the Book as a basis for non-belief.

(Because there are so many more scholarly and person experiences ;))

Because, imo ,if someone thinks a literal-fundamentalists understanding of the Bible is incorrect or ridiculous, then why would one try to use that same logic,like you believe it yourself, because, to me, that would seem that one's disdain for the irony or ridiculousness is cause of non-belief alone and nothing more. And further, that one simply chooses not to accept these ironies and contradictions, like the Believer does or is unaware of.

tl;dr Why argue about the Bible on the same logical basis as the people you think are using crazy logic to prove their point?

10. ya, usually when you argue with people about the Bible or any other religion and you show how it just makes NO LOGICAL sense they usually say "you don't understand the power and purpose of God" to which I think, "neither do you!"

11. lol...I used to post that God pic in every religious thread....it relates to dogma for me....as I believe in Higher Consciousness.....not rule-based religion.

12. When I'm sober I enjoy learning / understanding different faiths, but when im high I don't feel up to that level of conversation/ reading.

13. bro sick ass sig, i <3 Immortal Technique (no homo) haha

14. Yeah but not any of the rituals or rules.

I see Christ for who he really was. Just a selfless poor wondering seeker with great healing power.

He was sort of a shaman. Imagine if he walked the Earth today. He was basically a hippie...

I could go on but yes, great stuff to ponder when high

read "what Jesus really meant" and you will understand

15. thanks man hes the shit :)

16. lolwut? You're going to have to elaborate

17. He walked around and healed the sick. He was a shaman

18. [​IMG]

19. I wrote a story once that said Bob Dole heals the sick with his gimp arm.