Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When I Smoke Weed My Throat Acts Weird

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SmokingProblems420, Sep 16, 2014.

1. try vaping. I got to were id cough and puke every hit. a couple weeks vaping and it was better.

2. OP is 5 years old..

3. I don't have a solution but it went away after a few times for me. Seems like it is a psychological problem for some.

4. Yep. We know. It’s been reopened several times over the years

5. Wait, if you take a xanax, none of this happens? I just do not see how xanax can have any effect on throat problem. Have you tried vaping?

So, anyway, Sorry ya guys are suffering, I have a friend who experiences what very much sounds like what you guys are going through. The swelling of the throat, short breaths, the works. Doctors say that he has esophageal spasms. My friend says it is a total nightmare, he does not however smoke Cannabis, but in all seriousness unless you guys are somehow allergic to weed, than I do think it is something else.

I am curious how much of you guys who are having issues suffer from acid reflux or GERD, most people have small cases and they are completely unaware of it. Read up on it. Smoking (more specifically combusting) can cause issues, I wonder if anyone with this issue vaped?

6. yo so this thing for me just started happening yesterday, i was literally holding my heart bc i thought i was gonna die. my throat felt like a frog and i felt like a string in the back of my throat... I think is bc were all grazy and paranoid all the time but im gonna smoke more tomorrow and if it happens again man... like god no dont ruin kush for me:( and whoever says its the poppers it aint that

7. Yo when i started smoking i took like 7 bowls or more out of a bong everytime i smoked and i felt everything you're saying... it's truly horrible, it feels like your heart is gonna explode and your throat has like strings in the back and my mouth felt like a frog or sum lol that's the best description i can come up with for that. But after smoking hard like that it went away and i loved dope so much for about a year and a half. but yesterday i smoked some funky kush and did like a half bowl just so i could sleep and noooo that thing came back worse than ever. honestly thought i was gonna die... i was pushing on my chest as hard as possible because my heart hurt so bad, and my throat was pure frog like could barley breath with no chance of eating or drinking. im getting more dope tomorrow so im assuming its gonna be there again bc of these comments so idk this just sucks... kush is the only thing keepin me here and now i trip harder than acid takin a toke lol

8. Sup.

So I know this post is old asf, but when this started happening to me about a week ago, I read this OVER AND OVER again bc it helped me stay calm. I use a juul, smoked for the last 3 years almost every day, and now i’m terrified to even attempt smoking after my experience. Throat closing up, chest felt tight, and a severe panic attack.

I made an account only to contribute that vaping caused the same exact thing to happen.

The same day I had a terrible reaction from a joint, I thought i’d test my vaporizer. I had the same horrible reaction, my lungs and throat felt constricted and I did not sleep at all that night out of fear.

I love mj, and after reading thru this and very unprofessionally self-diagnosing myself, I am 90% certain that I have developed an allergy. So if you experience the same issues, it could very well be that you are allergic. But take a doctors word for it and get checked out with any similar problems bc it can be serious.

9. *Bump* To say that I have the exact same symptoms and it’s hugely disappointing. Feels like I have to stay away from bud.

Been through so many tests, with no results.

Going to finally go and get an allergy test to see if that can shed any light.

10. lose the tobacco. get nicotine gum or something, will deliver same amount of nicotine

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hey guys this sux this is all happening to me too. i just turned 30 and ive been smoking since i was 15 w no problem then all of a sudden recently i had all these symptoms literally from one day to the next. this really sux cause smoking is my thing. Ive tried adulting and taking myself to get checked out but all to no avail. blood tests and xrays say im a-ok. idk its really killing me cause same i just keep smoking and try not to think about it. but one thing the Dr did say is that yea theres a huge possibility that im just suffering from anxiety. which is really weird to think of cause im literally the most chill and idgaf about anything. but he says my body does apparently. so maybe like how that person said about the xanies and not feeling it, maybe i should entertain the thought that that might be whats going on and that that may help... id really hate to have to quit....

12. Has anybody found a cure to this? I have had all the same symptoms like a ball is in my throat and it gets harder to breathe. I’ve smoked for 5 years and never had this problem... went to the doctor and had tests and all were fine. The doc checked out my throat last and said he thought it was acid I’ve taken acid reflex meds for almost a month along with anxiety medicine and it hasn’t helped... did anybody ever get there symptoms to go away and go back to normal when smoking ?? Plz help

13. I’ve tried edibles & had the same symptoms and tried not smoking for weeks and nothing has worked...

14. Yo wtf same shit is happening to me...but now I have broken out in hive rashes on my back and under skin folds, (armpits n buttocks) I am assuming it is the vape pens I use to smoke but I got blood tests still waiting on the results... if they tell me I'm fone then I guess I'll try to see if I have allergy but I am 30 years old Been smoking for half my life both cigs and weed and it's only started about a month ago. I stopped smoking vape pens when I had my first `panic attack` but that has done me no good as no matter what I smoke or how much I always feel like my chest is caving in and my throat is closing up and I cant swallow and it's very uncomfortable..

My buddy said it might be the thc these days are gettin super concentrated and I am not use to just smoking high quality. But I feel like I'm dieing when otherwise I have always been a very healthy 5 foot 10 inch 150 lb caucasian male. I want some answers!!!

15. Oh and dont tell me it's the cigarettes cuz that's how I am able to coax with the situation, I feel really bad for people who dont and have to just wait out the anxiety attack or whatever it is...

16. its the smokes

17. Raise your hands above or behind you and cough. This will open your chest cavity and allow for a “progressive cough”. You have a small bit of mucus stuck where it should not be, ladies and gentlenuts.

Gargle warm water with 1tsp of salt for throat inflammation. Feels greet

18. Had the same issue you just gotta find a clean grower but it's not always easy. For me the throat thing didn't happen for more than 15 minutes but it definitely freaked me out a little bit. Kinda felt like I couldn't swallow or something. I blame pesticides.

19. Same thing happened to me about a week ago. Got some weed that had a lot of white crystals that looked kinda off, i didn’t think much of it and smoked it and had the same symptoms as you the tight throat, chest pains, shortness of breath. i was panicking and couldn’t sleep all night. I’ve been smoking for years and this is the first time this has happened and i’d hate to have to quit. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

20. Yea I can totally relate. Smoking was good for me the first couple times but after that my throat feels really dry / mucusy every time and water doesn’t help. I also vaped a lot so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it but I only get like that when I smoke weed. When I took a month off from weed and still vaped, I never got like that to that extent. Sometimes My throat will feel like that for a couple days after smoking and it fucks with how I think for some reason.