Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When i smoke, i feel out of it for weeks afterward.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BroItUpDroItUp, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Im pretty sure this is derealisation/depersonalization. I suffer from the same thing. At first when I felt like this i just ignored it but some times it's just like : Wow is this reality?

Stop every drugs you are using (including weed ofc), Omega 3's, eat right, vitamins, get enough sleep, exercise. I noticed that when I didn't sleep enough (like last night) I feel more depersonalized.

I never went to a doctor but from what I heard on DP websites and all, most of the time the doctors wont rly understand you, will put you on medication which wont rly work.

2. [quote name='"loops93"']Im pretty sure this is derealisation/depersonalization. I suffer from the same thing. At first when I felt like this i just ignored it but some times it's just like : Wow is this reality?

Stop every drugs you are using (including weed ofc), Omega 3's, eat right, vitamins, get enough sleep, exercise. I noticed that when I didn't sleep enough (like last night) I feel more depersonalized.

I never went to a doctor but from what I heard on DP websites and all, most of the time the doctors wont rly understand you, will put you on medication which wont rly work.[/quote]

I've been looking into this as well. Did it go away for you?

3. Not really :/
    But it takes time. Last time I smoked was last thursday so I'm gonna take a break (around 2-3 months) and Ill try to get better. On a forum dedicated to DP, I found some interesting stuff that might help.

4. [quote name='"loops93"']

Not really :/
    But it takes time. Last time I smoked was last thursday so I'm gonna take a break (around 2-3 months) and Ill try to get better. On a forum dedicated to DP, I found some interesting stuff that might help.[/quote]

How long have you been taking omega 3?
    How long have you been feeling like this?

5. Ha i didn't start taking omega, gonna start soon. Im broke currently ^^
    But I heard it could help

Ive been feeling like this for months, at first i didnt really care but it went worse

6. [quote name='"loops93"']

Ha i didn't start taking omega, gonna start soon. Im broke currently ^^
    But I heard it could help

Ive been feeling like this for months, at first i didnt really care but it went worse[/quote]

I've been taking it for 2 weeks and it really does help. Its not expensive either. Things look more "real" nowadays. Im not outta the woods yet though. From information I've been given, it take about a month till you go back to normal.

Stay subscribed to this thread and ill post here in a week and let you know my status, bro.

7. Ok good :)

8. I told you guys that I would update this. I stopped smoking completely. I haven't smoked in 5 weeks. It was hard at first, but after two weeks, it wasn't that bad.

Anyways, I kept taking omega 3. I take two pills a day, every morning and have been doing so for about 2 months.

I feel completely normal again. No depersonalization. I stopped feeling spacey and out if it. I feel normal and all of my depression went away as well!

9. It's happened to me twice. Once lasting a week, once only a day. It truly is miserable but it's pretty rare and I thinks because of the weed. It's definitely not depersonalization.

Get a new dealer and stop smoking mids. Good luck and you'll be able to enjoy weed to it's fullest once you get the right weed.

EDIT: Saw your update. Grats on kicking the feeling. Maybe you can come back to it someday and enjoy it minus feeling like a zombie for days after.

10. Have you ever had an anxiety/panic attack while smoking just out of curiosity? Because I remember when I had my first panic I felt out of it for almost a month it sucked a lot I was depressed and confused lol.

11. [quote name='"DeadHead510"']Have you ever had an anxiety/panic attack while smoking just out of curiosity? Because I remember when I had my first panic I felt out of it for almost a month it sucked a lot I was depressed and confused lol.[/quote]

I don't know if I've ever had an anxiety attack but I was definitely out of it and depressed and confused. I stopped smoking and it went away.

12. Really? Ive been trying omega 3 for like more than 1 month and no changes :(
    But i gotta admit i smoked a few times :/

13. #53 PanterAtool, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
    [quote name='"loops93"']

Really? Ive been trying omega 3 for like more than 1 month and no changes :(
    But i gotta admit i smoked a few times :/[/quote]

It's different for everyone, it doesn't take exactly a month. I'd say 1-2 months. And it not something you really notice drastically. Its more of to keep your brain healthy. It repairs cb receptors. They also increase dopamine and serotonin levels. Among a ton of other benifits.

Dopamine plays in a role in regulation of behavior, voluntary movement, cognition, motivation, reward, attention, learning and mood.

Serotonin plays a role in regulation of mood, appetite, sleep, memory, learning, and vasoconstriction (constriction of blood vessels)

So you might not notice a huge difference but it is definitely good for you.

14. [quote name='"kana bush"']

Yes, omega-3 is a fatty acid that is very important in brain function, especially in the cannabinoid receptors in your brain. As you smoke these receptors become depleted much faster than they would normally and that "out of it" feeling your talking about is the result of this. Omega-3 is not something that your body can produce naturally, although it is very important, so taking supplements can help this. It will take time to build up in your body, so you will not feel differences when you immediately take it or stop taking it, however after about 4-6 weeks you WILL feel the difference.[/quote]

Couldn't of said it better myself!

Everyone needs to be taking omega 3, improving your high aside. It's just healthy and omega 3 is essential or the human body.