Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When I find my kid smoking

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SpiceMadeOfLife, Oct 10, 2008.

1. I think 17 is a good age. I never smoked heavily untill I was almost 19 but I hit it a few times when it was around (and free) starting at 16. Actually, I smoke more in a few days now than than I did from age 16 to 19, lol.

The only issue with letting your kid go free is the fact that they are kids and teens. Pot is the gateway drug, no doubt. I don't think I ever would have tried shrooms, white, scrips, or anything (those are very very very rare occasions by the way) if I hadn't smoked pot first. just stay very in touch with them and be real with them and they will be real with you. We all know what we did when we didn't want mom or dad to know where we were going. We made up some BS excuse.

2. THC is a chemical substance...

3. I agree that it pretty blatantly over-exaggerates everything bad into something evil and everything positive into something bad, and I think it's wrong that 5th graders should learn about drugs in the detail DARE goes into (going as far to bring SAMPLES is: "Oh yeah, if you want high-grade heroine, THIS is what it looks like, kids!"), but it helped me realize just how wrong and biased ANYONE can be, even the government.

It taught me to not be so gullible, even if it is someone older and in a higher social position than you, and it helped me make a lot of important decisions.

NOW, about the age thing again: I first smoked when I was 8. I smoked every other weekend just about for 2 years after that. I then stopped. Then went through DARE. Realized how full of shit it was. Decided to wait to smoke again. When I was 17, I smoked for the first time in 7 years. I was glad with my decision to wait.

But I have a few problems that I won't contribute to MJ, because that would be ignorant, but MJ COULD have had a major impact on how I developed because of smoking at such a young age, and I don't doubt that it at least had some impact on me...

4. i'd say wait till 16

5. I wonder how long your kid would stay your kid before LEO snatches him away from you:rolleyes:

6. hahaha stoner moment sorry

but i still don't think its anything to worry about my kid could smoke weed whenever it is used for children with add and other probs

it is said to be the safest theraputic substance known to man its safer than some types of medicines kids are taking these days so smoke weed even if your ten if you can handle it

7. There actually was a study where they introduced MJ to rastafarian's children and noted brain development.

The study said there wasnt much difference between the kids other than the fact that the children introduced to MJ were less likely to have anxiety.

I will try to find where i saw this study >.<

8. If I catch my kid smoking mids Ill be pissed :devious:

9. if i caught my little bro or sis doing it id woop there ass (not really but id be fuckin pissed)

i figure my parents only should have to take care of 1 kid that gets in trouble

10. i think everyyyone's had this conversation before - what they would do if their kid smoked bud.
    personally, my dad has always been real hypocritical, and i've always wanted to not be that way. so if my kid started smoking at age 14 i'd have to be okay with it, seeing as i did. i'd just talk to em about it, about being responsible and all that. and i'd smoke with em. i've always thought that'd be better cause i'd definitely want my kids tokin up in my house instead of out somewhere drivin around or in the woods

just like i've always said about my kids partyin.. i'd rather know that they're out at a party and are too drunk to get home, so i can go get them, instead of them drivin drunk or gettin into a car with someone who's trashed.

i honestly think it's just safer to let your kids do it than not let them. you have way more control over it that way, if you think about it.

sorry for the long post. i'm really fuckin baked. =]

11. All of you sound cool and stuff, but if i ever catch my future kids smoking pot i'll beat the shit outta them. There isn't reason to smoke in high school, kids gotta do homework and play sports and shit. I always thought the kids that smoked and played sports were just stupid. The thing is, some of them were good. But none of them went anywhere. I smoke now because I have a job and my own place. You can't fully concentrate on school while smoking, its just a distraction that a kid doesn't need.

12. I think its really hard to determine your stance on something such as this until you have kids. Telling your son or daughter at the young age of sixteen that smoking is ok sends off more messages than you would think. It may imply to them that using more serious drugs is ok, and even worse condemn them to irresponsible wreckless use of drugs. Trying to "educate" them is more of a pipe dream, though I believe it depends upon the child. Teenagers are going to do what they want, and often will not heed advice on things such as drugs.

I would consider it extremely unresponsible for an adult to allow smoking, because in that act of allowing you are almost encouraging. Its not just the act of smoking which is the most harmful, it is the culture and enviorment which it often places smokers in. As a young smoker myself I saw and experianced things I wished I hadnt, it is undeniable that most smokers are exposed to other far more harmful drugs and the disfunctional mentalities present within most hard drug users.

13. i would let my 16-17 yr old son/daughter smoke, as long as they were supporting their own habit. that means doing well in school, as well as having a job to make money for their marijuana. i dont know about growing though, i wouldnt allow that. but then again i would probably be inclined to do it myself, but i say it's my house it's my rules. i'm allowed to risk my house; it's mine. but my son/daughter cant be telling all their friends and whatnot...

14. its awkward as hell knowing ur mom know ur in ur room toking haha.. personal experience. maybe just me

15. i dont think there should be a specific age. i think it should be when a child exhibits enough maturity to be deemed trustworthy and responsible. i know some 14 year olds like this, and i also know some 21 year olds who scratch their ass and sniff it

16. Yah, I completely agree with you on that. If I knew he/she was too young or too immature, I'd stop em. I started when I was 16 and a half, so a little over 2 years now. I think I could handle what I was getting, like a bowl every little while. But you know, at around the point your in college, you start to get it.

17. Same lawlz:smoking:

I like that idea, its cool/ Sounds like it would definitely work.

18. Haha:

PJV575: "Hey Kiddo, what do you want for Christmas?"
    Kiddo: "Eh, how about a half of that dank you have in your drawer...and a bub?"

:D

Totally agree by the way..unless it affects their grades/life.

19. When I find my kid smoking. . .

I would never resort to violence against any kid, ESPECIALLY my own.

I would have a lot to explain to them. If they were of age I'd be fine with it, I wouldn't encourage anything irresponsible. But how am I to ever define "Of age" without my government to lead the way for me? Such a dilemma.

20. I figure if I have a kid, my rule will be not until your at least 14, and in High School. I'd want the age to be later, but I first started at 14, and I refuse to be a hypocrite like my parents frequently were.