when does the sex show?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by abige69, Nov 5, 2015.

1. when does the plant start to show what sex it is? & is there anyway of 'speeding up' the process? ie, flip into flower briefy?
    usually I grow from clones but this time from seed & don't wanna spend ages growing the plant only to find out its male.
    cheers peeps

2. you can but the shock will stunt growth bad to go from veg to flower back to veg then back to flower your looking at issues weird leaves airey buds thats why when i do mothers they have never been flowered just get good genetics and sex the cuttings if babies are girls then mommy is girl

3. I know that, but when do plants grown from seed start showing sex? I know males tend to show earlier but I don't want to spend 1month or so vegging a plant for it to be male. ive grown from clones plenty times before but never from seed

4. i sex them at 3 weeks naturally about 4 to six weeks veg maybe longer depends on strain but you can go 12 12 from seed itll show sex within a couple weeks

5. errrr.....sorry don't understand, u sex at 3 weeks, about 4-6wks into veg?

6. if i switch the light at three weeks but during a veg cycle as they get later into weeks they will show sex while vegging

7. pre-flowers show at around 4-5 weeks but there can be a fair bit of variation between strains and set ups.

A better way is to cut a branch and root it while on 12/12 and it will show you the sex at the earliest possible time

8. I always start looking after my 4th leaf set, but I haven't had to sex plants in a long time because I finally got a great clone connect. Talk to other growers in your area you will be surprised what kind of genetics are in hiding.