when does the flowering period offically start

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trillyen, Jun 26, 2009.

1. does the flowering period offically start when u go to 12/12 or about a week after

so say if u have a strain that takes 8 weeks to finish up, when do u start your timer??

thanks!!!

2. I'm probably hella wrong butni think that it depnds on the strain you have...

3. check out my pics in my sig. my flowering didnt start until almost 10 weeks of veggie under a 24/0 light. I had a longer wait than usual cause I had some nute problems in the beginning.

4. As an outdoor grower, I can only say that the flowering period starts when flowers appear. But I thought that was blindingly obvious.

5. :confused:

For indoor it is the same which i find to be about a week after the light switch the flowers appear.

6. I agree, flowering starts when the plant starts flowering. Flowering is a stage of growth not a light cycle so don't go by what you do but what the plant does.

7. So just for reference when an indoor strain which you are not familiar with says it flowers for 8 weeks it will be aprox. 9 weeks but always use the scope to be sure to make um right.;)

8. Couldn´t agree more !!!!

(And germination is what the plant does, not what the grower does.)