WHEN does pre-employment drug testing happen?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by allthehype21, May 22, 2010.

1. I am quite certain that I am in the clear; I do not think I am going to be drug tested at this internship. This is why:
    I have already filled out/allowed them to proceed with a criminal background check. Application is in, etc. They have checked references. I have heard/read NOTHING about drug tests so far. And, on the first of the month, I START WORKING. I have heard "See you on the 1st!" [for work] on the phone. I even got told what kind of dress is appropriate for around the facility. I really that if they were going to pre-employment-drug-test me, it would have happened by now.

So, is there any chance in hell that they would have a cup waiting for me at the workplace? I assume I would have read some kind of documentation informing me of DT policies.

I have never been drug tested before, so I am not sure if I am in the clear yet.

2. i didn't read your paragraph because i'm high so no one bitch at me. in my experience the drug test is normally on the third interview and they normally don't drug test you at the place some places might require you to go into a bathroom and use a home kit but very few companies are going to spend 50 dollars appiece on a kit. Normally they tell you to go to a clinic where they do it and make sure you can't cheat and what not.