When does marijuana generally enter flowering stage

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by shroomhead420, Nov 15, 2012.

1. I have looked around and I have seen all sorts of times and I was looking and the sunrise/sunset time and it doesn't go to 12/12 until late September and we usually get the first frost around mid October so this has me freaked out. I live in Michigan also

Sent from my iPod touch using GC Forum

2. Marijuana really flowers at anything less than 14 hours of light. We use 12/12 indoors because that's the perfect balance for indoors. But outdoors things happen on their own time. Usually late July to early August the plants will start budding. And finish by late September through October, and even into november depending on strain. Most will finish by early October though. You should be fine. :)

3. Yep. What mjmama25 said.

Most hybrid cannabis triggers aroung 14.25. Here is a tool that will allow you to determine when that daylenth is reached at your lattitude.

athttp://astro.unl.edu/classaction/animations/coordsmotion/daylighthoursexplorer.html''

Equation?= Light trigger date,(lets say July 15), + 14 days,(the amount of time it takes for flowers to appear once the daylength trigger has been met), + flowering time. (lets say 60 days) + 14 days,(outdoor flowering generally takes a minimum of 2 weeks longer than indoor, and often 30 days)

July 15+ 14= Aug 1+ 60 days =Oct 1+ 14= equals mid oct.
    i live in the northern lats and i like to grow 7 wk, 55 day strains that finish Sept 30

4. I suspect temperatures have some effects as well

5. Why would they?

6. Thanks for all of the answers. You guys really helped out.

7. [quote name='"JPG"']

Why would they?[/quote]

I've noticed where I live I've started out harvesting the same strain anywhere from Sept 20 to Oct 20 and it seemed to be mostly weather related . Dark colder (cloudy) early falls will trigger early flowering

8. Mr. Raider, your last sentence does not make sense. MJ begins flowering in summer. Weather/temps may have an effect on the plants bud formation once flowering begins, however daylength determines when the flowering commences.

9. [quote name='"JPG"']Mr. Raider, your last sentence does not make sense. MJ begins flowering in summer. Weather/temps may have an effect on the plants bud formation once flowering begins, however daylength determines when the flowering commences.[/quote]

Day length yes, but under fertilize (n) or over fertilized (k) and you can change a little. Throw in a little cold weather and darker ddys due to cloud cover and walla

10. Also there is auto flowering strains.