When does a plant start needing dark?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sandman1959, Aug 5, 2008.

1. About what age do plants start needing at least a few hours of darkness? I've read quite a lot of different opinions on this subject. Gracia's Amigo's.

2. you can keep your plants on 24 hours light through out the entire veg cycle, or you can put it on 18/6 or even 20/4 for veg i run mine 24/0 i dont have heat issues or anything but some people tend to turn the lights off during the hottest part of the day too keep temps down and thats when electricity is the most expensive during the day.

3. Appreciate the reply buddy;, I'll pass the info on.

4. Veg your plants for 4 weeks under 24 hours of light each day then start the flowering cycle by giving them 12 hrs of dark and 12 hrs of light for 8 to 10 weeks.

5. im pretty sure you can keep it on 24/7 indeffinatly but you will end up with a marijuana tree.....it just depends on what you want your yield to be. longer veg time will equal a bigger plant which will equal greater yield. some people take clones and go straight into flowering but you get less yield.

as far as 18/6 vs 24/7 some people like 18/6 because it gives the plant some time to rest like it would in nature but it wont grow as fast as a 24/7 light sched.

atleast thats my take on it and i could be wrong. who knows but it makes sense to me!

6. I want to throw in my vote for 18/6 on the premise of being more natural. All this question ever gets is an argument though, because there's no right way. Just do it however you want. It's all good baby baby...

And I am totally staying out of this one from now on.

7. 24/0 will give you more growth this has been shown.

8. 24/0 will always show faster growth
    as long as you are providing for the plants other needs.
    Marijuana does not need rest.
    It does not get tired from to many hours of light.
    its keeps on photosynthesizing at the same rate through the entire light cycle.

Although more hours of light does mean higher temp. issues.
    I think some people have better luck with 18 hours because of the drop in temps it provides the plants, especially to the root-zone.

Water, co2 and nutrient requirements are increased under 24/0 .

The daily voltage spike at startup contributes a large portion of the wear on a lighting system.

One week before flowering you can reduce the photo-period to 18/6 to reduce the stress on the plants.
    Normally, under ideal conditions you can flower plant about a week earlier when grown under 24/0 .

& like kamelredlight says its all good
    plus i am outta here too:D:wave:

peace.................:smoking: