When does a plant need direct sun light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BongoPeace, Mar 26, 2007.

1. alight so i just got a house with me and some buddys and we have a nice spot to grow were no body can see or peak over but it doesnt get direct sun light till about 11:30-12:00 and was just wondering if thats gona affect the final buds at the end since ive read the more sun the better thanks :wave:

2. from what i have read was that a plant needs a minimum of 3-4 hours of direct sunlight to survive. and the more sunlight it gets the better it will grow. i may be wrong.

3. near enough right. doesnt need to be direct sunlight, but it helps, alot.

4. Aslong as it gets the direct sunlight it doesnt matter..

If its not getting any it wouldnt be as good as it would if it were, but there is no specific time when it needs the direct light.

Basicly, GROW AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

D.
    :smoke:

5. MJ needs as much direct sunlight as possible.

6. well...

presuming not autoflowering, only as much as required for whatever stage of its lifecycle is at. ... just stating the obvious.. dotn be givin yer plants 24hr light by sticking sunlight imitating bulbs at it throguht the night if u want em to flower.

ok.. i know, no one needed to be told that. lol

was actually going to say, before i got lost in making redundant points, humans are like that too. we need sunlight just as plants do too.

at least 15 minutes a day. at the very least! if u want to have wellbeing, imo. lest u got that mind over matter thing down to a tee n can manufacture all the vitamin d u need without sunlight.

but back to the plant... anyone got any info on that quality of the light, as in if its more red, if its coming from lower angles.... not much can be done about this outdoors u might think, but it might make the difference where u put the plant, to catch afternoon/evening sun during flowering for one speculation. * shrugs *
    just was wondering cos i remembered hearing about how the plants react to the different colours, more reds for flowering, like from the natural inclination for there to be a higher ratio of teh light during the day being sunset or sunrise light, and generally more red.

7. No bulb can imitate the sun.. This is why an outdoor grow surpasses any indoor grow by a factor of 10 or more.

8. holy shit is that spanishfly?

9. IMO flowering plants need 5-6 hours of direct sunlight to produce well. If you have a choice go for the morning sun. It has the same or more energy as the afternoon sun but not as hot and doesn't dry your plants as much.

Right now my flowering girls are getting direct sun from around 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. At my latitude the sun is right at 45 degrees above the southern horizon (eye-balling) and I have right at 10 hrs. 40 min. of daylight.