When do you think I can smoke again? Got my wisdom teeth out on Monday...?

Discussion in 'General' started by valogirl666, Oct 26, 2012.

1. I got my wisdom teeth cut out on Monday (all 4) and I was just wondering when I would be able to smoke again, without the risk of getting dry sockets.
    I still have pain, and I'm still on medication. But the bleeding stopped.
    On the aftercare guide, it said not to smoke tobacco for up to 24 hours I believe, and I was wondering if the same would apply to marijuana?
    Thanks guys.

2. [quote name='"valogirl666"']I got my wisdom teeth cut out on Monday (all 4) and I was just wondering when I would be able to smoke again, without the risk of getting dry sockets.
    I still have pain, and I'm still on medication. But the bleeding stopped.
    On the aftercare guide, it said not to smoke tobacco for up to 24 hours I believe, and I was wondering if the same would apply to marijuana?
    Thanks guys.[/quote]

Don't smoke!.. It'll prolong the amount of time for healing.

If you can, try vape, or edibles.

3. You don't want to risk getting dry socket. I'd imagine weed would be under the same guidelines as cigarettes, since it's the suction of inhaling that causes the blood clot to dislodge. I'd wait until you're no longer in pain and even then don't take those big power rips. Just take it easy.

I got mine out on a Friday. I think I was back to toking by the following Saturday, so 8 days. I also ate steak that day. I healed pretty quickly compared to a lot of my friends.

4. Id wait to be safe

But if your able to get edibles do that instead

5. Last time I had an extraction, I was toking as soon as we got out side of the "big ciy's" limit! The deal is to suck GENTLY! :D

Just use only as much suction as you would breathing normally and you'll be fine. If you are using as much suction as you would use drinking from a straw, it's too much! It will take more hits to get high, but that's way better than a dry socket!

Be sure to have a beverage handy as you toke- a dry mouth encourages bacterial growth! :eek:

Granny :wave:

6. I would wait until they are pretty much closed up, that's doesn't seem like something I wold want to chance...