Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When do you put down the pipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pyroxide, Feb 1, 2011.

1. No, but it was made with the women's bare hands. I'd rather not disrespect her.

2. Part of being a "good" Samaritan towards the host is also politely declining when you are high enough. Pretty sure you would appreciate this when you're the one smoking everyone else out.

Isn't smoking when you're already high enough also considered letting it "go to waste"?

I suppose when weed is legal and it's $20 a pound this wouldn't be an issue, but I guess I just don't understand the whole point of "never" being high enough, or using the ability to stand upright as the deciding factor. When I'm high enough, I'm high enough.

I've tried getting "higher", and I've found it's pretty much pointless, because smoking yourself to "oblivion", no matter your tolerance level, usually results in one outcome; falling asleep. And THAT would be a shame to waste what was a perfectly good high.

(puff, puff) <---- My two hits worth on this topic.:smoke:

3. I guess you've never had good Chinese food it doesn't get you high:smoke:

4. Just think - that hit or two you turn down will be an additional 30-40 minutes of a high and a more intense high

5. Seriously, 54 yrs old......you WON"T 'OUTSMOKE ME' BENN Blazin and drinkin w/a friend since 7:30 last night..........party on Garth, enjoy YOUR buzz when YOU are at a comfortable level, and fuck the rest! sorry just decided I had lil' time for BS in my life,lol

6. That's good for everyone that turns it down when they are high enough, but the person offering you the weed isn't all, "Oh, how respectful of them, they're clearly high enough and now I don't have to smoke them up another bowl." LOL. They're just tryin to get everyone nice and lit.

:smoke:

If someone's passin me the bong and I'm still dyin from the last hit, I'll pass it to the next person in the rotation, but that's about it for me when it comes to turning down weed.

7. I'm usually the last one in my group to put the bowl/pipe/joint/blunt down, so you get the idea :p

8. I think it depends on the person. I've known people that get butthurt if you don't take your hit if it's their stash.

9. If a friend is offering me another bowl after we're both comfortably baked I assume it means he wants to get higher.

But I can see if its like a new friend or someone you're not super familiar with who just casually asks if you want to smoke another after you just got done smoking, then feeling like you should say no because they're just offering as a nice gesture is understandable.

10. i never in my life turned down a hit and i never plan on it

11. Depends if i have to drive home. If i got a nice high going on but have to leave soon, ill pass it. but if i got a few hours i toke that shit up!

12. My friends and I never pressure people into smoking/not smoking

if we're running low and someone has some, we've all got each others' backs. We like to remember that friendship>weed, and that there will always be more bud.

13. Its not so much me putting the pipe down, rather it is the pipe putting me down....... to sleep.......

14. we have got a BADASS on our hands watch out!!:eek::eek:
    but back to the topic, yes i will turn down a rip if i am sufficiently high. its respectful and your saving the person bud by not smoking it

15. #35 EasyCheeze420, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
    I'm usually good to go when im out after a few hits...I don't like
    getting all blasted out in public or around other people....yeah im more
    of a loner stoner...so I will jus say after a few tokes:

"Thanks but im good for now..maybe in a little bit...but thanks"...and pass the toking tool...:wave:

**i don't mean 'out' as in out of bud...i mean out N about....