When do you harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by BernieKosar, Oct 5, 2013.

1. #1 BernieKosar, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
    The old stand by was 50% cloudy 50% amber. With all the new research coming in over the last couple of years, does this still hold true? I've chopped the last couple grows when I'm all cloudy and a few amber but I still feel I am missing something. When are you guys chopping?

Edit

How much more maturing of the trichomes happen when you dry any ideas?

2. #2 dyse702, Oct 5, 2013
    Man if you search these forums I found one the other night that had a chart telling you the thc when you harvested an cured and stuff depending on age and trichomes colors. I believe the winner was like 75% milky 20% clear and 5% amber. It depends on the kinda high you want tho. Longer you wait the more couch lock you get earlier is more head high :)

3. I'm with dyse on that,
    I always wait until 70-80% of the hairs are amber . This doesn't happen until around day 60 of flowering , depending on strain could be longer but normal rule of thumb is anything after 60 days u can harvest . I never go pass 60 days with any strain and I always have a great smoke and yield (depending on weeks of veggie) .

4. All of the trichomes turn amber when u harvest the time of harvest is depending on what type of high you want , the earlier u harvest the more energetic type high u will get , the later u harvest the more body stoned high type effect happens . U can cut buds off after the 4th week of flowering and test drive ur buds (the taste isn't all tha great but u get an idea of the type of high each flowering stage can have)
    But yeah they all turn amber once its branches r cut regardless of age .

5. #7 BernieKosar, Oct 5, 2013
    You guys I've seen the links and read a lot. I've been chopping at 10% amber and I think it's too early. I wanted to know when you guys are? That's a good article that Waktoo posted. It's a good read if you get the chance.

6. I do about the same as you do maybe a little more amber BK. I've gone for more amber before and it seemed a little to long for my likes. I use a 60-100 scope which I think is more than helpful to really get a good look. Days to me are not a good way to tell, just had a sativa take over 120 days and man was it worth the wait! You've seen your finished product so if you think it can use a little more time don't be afraid to wait.