When do you guys like to harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Hey guys, my question is when do you guys like to harvest, trichome wise.
    I usually chop mine when i see all milky trichs with some amber trichs here and there.

I know if i chop it when its half milky and half amber that will give me a more of a body high, is that right?
    I like the type of high that almost shuts your eyes and get complete couchlock haha, i want it to fuckin wreck me, so any help is appreciated.

180 Watt UFO VIO KUSH grow, 8 weeks flower

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...new-ufo-led-vio-kush-8-weeks.html#post9090111

2. yeah thats correct, when u cut does effect the high, the longer u wait, the higher % of amber trichoms will cause CBD% go down and CBN% go up causing that couch lock.
    i like to cute aprox 10% amber this way once the plant is completely dead the % of amber trichoms should be around 20%, but different strains u should be harvest in different ways.

3. Ok thanks a lot for the reply. I'm gonna wait an extra week or two this time to see what happens. I'm gonna be done my grow soon and I needed some suggestions on what strain to get.
    I grow in a closet so I'm lookin mainly indica dom.
    I like a really high thc % too. Any recommendations.

4. I cut some early, I cut some on time, and I cut some late....I like to have my cake and eat it too! Depends on my mood what kind of buzz I want, so I get heady, a little of each, and couch lock all from an individual plant...nobody said you HAVE to cut it all at once.

5. Ya i know you dont have to cut it all at once but i dont grow really big plants because of the space im in, so if you could have your choice would you wait for the trichs to turn more amber to get a couchlock high or the other. Thanks

6. If I could only have one kind, it would be couch-lock dominant to totally couch lock'd ... like 50% amber, or better. Best for pain relief imo.

7. Thanks Edward for asking this.

I had the same question. I'm looking for more of the heady high instead of couch lock so from this advice I will harvest with minimal Amber tricom's

Talk to you later.

DOT

8. My 1st run I harvested when the trichomes were 80% cloudy, 40% amber. It was indica dominet. This grow I have sativa dominet, plan to cut when the trichomes have abit more amber, maybe 60%. My goal is to have a moring bud, mid-day bud, then a heavey evening bud. 3-4 weeks my sativa will be ready to cut...