When do you change out your rez?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KalL, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I'm almost done with Veg and want to know if I should FULLY replace the rez, or can I just add some G.H. FloraKleen cleaning solution before my weekly nute adition, and run it for a few hours or a day, then add nutes?
    I have about 40 gallons of water in the system, and the plants drink about 8 gallons a day so technically the water is being replaced every 5 days or so.
    How long do you guys go without changing the rez?

2. I use my veg solution for a week of 18/6 then switch to 12/12 for a week with no problems(using Lucas formula). Once in flower I completely drain my resevoir and completely flush my system with ph'd water every 2 weeks...have had no problems:smoke:

3. you should completely change out the water every 10-14 days. The plants arnt taking up nutrients in the exact ratios that your giving it. So you'll end up with build up of certain nutrients.

4. #4 KalL, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
    Every 10 days???!!! That MUST be an old wives tale.. that or if you have a tiny res.
    Under 2 months of veg, heavy fimming, supercropping, and defoliation.
    I bet they'd be fine with NO res change. But I don't want to risk it. Haha :D

*edit* Sorry if that came off rude

Attached Files:

5. Well when I did it was only one plant in a 5 gal bucket. Either way, logically the more often you do it the better it ought to be.

6. Thats probably it, as I got 40 gallons of water in mine