When do you add nutrients?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by youdontknowmeha, Jan 1, 2013.

1. 3 out of the 8 plants are fairly above 6 inches and has a full sets of leaves on them and currently rising planted in ocean fox farm .. I have 3 liquid nutrients tiger bloom, grow big and big bloom. When do I start nutrients ?

Attached Files:

2. About how many weeks have they been in soil? FFOF is loaded with neuts enough to last 3 weeks. Depending on how old they are you could start when ever but make sure to begin off slow with the neuts otherwise you'll end up burning the plants

chill & smoke some bud!

3. They are 21 days old going back to being planted .. And how should I start slow which one do I use first and what is FFOF ?

4. [quote name='"youdontknowmeha"']They are 21 days old going back to being planted .. And how should I start slow which one do I use first and what is FFOF ?[/quote]

fox farm ocean forset soil (FFOF) asuming that is wat u said ur using for soil? And the fox farm trio set up is a 3 stage set up ur only going to be using 2 of them during veg then use the other during flower. The trio set-up is grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom. Your going to start off with grow big and big bloom during veg stage assuming that your vegging your plants before switching it to flower. Just read the bottles and it should tell u the recomend dose of ech bottle Per gallon of water and just divide n to 4 and start off there. You only want to feed them every other time u water so water with neuts then water with ph balanced water. Then the neuts again. Always wantt to take it slow going up in dose cause once u pour the water on them there's no going back u do it slow and you can catch the problem before it becomes a bigger problem Hopfully that will give u some help.

chill & smoke some bud!

5. Thanks man .. And yes I'm doing 18/6 .. So you think since they are 3 weeks I can add the nutrients ?

6. They should be good to go just start off quarter strength with the nutrents and just slowly build up to where u want to be at.

chill & smoke some bud!

7. Okay so you should water one day with nutrients then next time plain water .. But when you water with nutrients are you watering til it drips out the bottom like normal correct ?

8. Either or when u water u want to give ur plants one good water once a week the rest of the time u want add just enought to quinch its thirst until the next watering. In my prefrence I would water it once a week really good where u have some run off water then every other time u water just use a solo cup or something of that short for the water amount. Idk how big ur pots are so really would depend on them. Its not good to have runn off evry time u water unless u only water once a week. And the good drenching once a week I would just use plain ph balanced water so its like a mini flush and gets the old dried up nutrents out every week so u don't have a nutrent build-up. Imo. Someone else may say diffrent

chill & smoke some bud!

9. On your biggest plants that you have right now, wait until another node grows up (another week or so) and then give 1 tsp of big bloom and 1 tsp of grow big in a gallon of water. Wait like 3 days after that and you will notice that they've gone ::bigger::

So to sum it up:

wait 7-10 days, add 1 tsp of grow big, 1 tsp of big bloom in a gallon of water
    next watering: just normal water
    next watering: do 1 tsp of grow big, 2 tsp of big bloom in gallon of water
    next watering: normal water
    next: 1.5 tsp of grow big, 3 tsp of big bloom
    Flush well and well dry for 5-6 days

Probably flower after that, if not, 4 tsp of big bloom, 2 tsp of grow big

10. Also, my rule of thumb is don't give any nutes until after 30 days from seedling when using FFoF. Their nutes are pretty strong for seedling/early veg stage imo.

On a side note, I just switched from FFoF to Roots organic. Added another 20perc more Perlite but I did the same with FFoF too.

11. Okay thanks man but when you say add 1 tsp I looked on YouTube at how to do it and the guy had 1 gallon distiller water put 1 tsp of big bloom and had another gallon of water and put two tsp of grow big and he shook it up is that correct way ? How would you do it ?

12. ^good advice, loving RO soil :smoke:

13. In a gallon container, I add big bloom and then shake; then add grow big into the same container and then shake again before feeding.

Note: I water the plant first like I normally would. Then I pour the gallon jug into a solo cup and I feed the plant with 2 cups usually. So water first, and then I do 2 cups (16 oz each x2) of the nute water at the end. 2 big cups are for my 3 gallon containers.

14. [quote name='"youdontknowmeha"']

Okay thanks man but when you say add 1 tsp I looked on YouTube at how to do it and the guy had 1 gallon distiller water put 1 tsp of big bloom and had another gallon of water and put two tsp of grow big and he shook it up is that correct way ? How would you do it ?[/quote]

I would start off quater strength when u first start. 1Tsp=5ml. This chart should help u out. Then go up as they get older. Mainly u just want to see how they are going to react to the nutrient mix before u give them full strenght. And you can't forget fox farm is a buisness they out there to make money so why wouldn't they tell you to use as much as possible. They do that's the same with any company out there your plants don't need that much unless u got some decent sized ones growing. Just see how ur plant reacts to it, you will be able to tell when they like it, and when they don't.

chill & smoke some bud!

Attached Files:

15. That's not how it works. A plant under 1,000w of light will use heaps more nutrients than the same plant under 100w of cfl. It's not that Foxfarm is out to make money so much as it is that people grow with shitty lights. (of course FF is out to make money)

I hear that brother!! :smoke:

16. i stopped growing