when do u start taking clones from a mother

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by love2growgreen, Jun 22, 2009.

1. :confused:this is first mother if decided to grow to cut down on my turn around time ive started from seed so do i have to wait 60days :(or is it less then that i think i have to wait till its an adult to cut back on grow time but do i really have to wait 60 days :(or is 30 or 45 just as good any help will be greatly accepted:smoking:

2. a good mother will be fully vegged put on 12/12 for a week or two then put back on 24/0 or 18/6 w.e ur veg time is, and kept in veg while your taking clones. i would advise vegging for 3-4 weeks flower for 2 weeks. and then STRIP that bitch get as many clones as you can off it. then put it back on veg till its regrown enough to give a decent yeild or more clones.

3. well personally when I choose to make a mother plant, I will generally grow out several seeds and take 2clones from ea plant and flower them out. By the time they are done flowering and drying I can decide(my favorite part of the grow) what clone I want to continue growing for the next few grows. If space is a issue my method may not work for you but you can also just grow out your plants and right before you switch them to flowering you can clone...and then just keep repeating this process, eliminating the need for a "mother" plant.

_Numb_

4. Well Osh, after reading my post again(should do that before hitting the button:rolleyes:) I must have been having a senior moment and was unable to type what I was thinking. I too flower out the main plant(so I can get something to test) like you. I have found it to work great over the yrs.

_Numb_:smoke:

5. i seen a vid that said to clone the mother like 2 months in

and to flower some of the clones to determine the sex of the plant