Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When do the health effects kick in?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ye93, Mar 16, 2017.

1. I'm a few days in and haven't noticed my disease improving. Increased appetite is the only thing that has resulted so far, which is good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you want health benefit you need pure CBD or a high cbd/thc ratio. Like Rick Simpson Oil. Miracle stuff!

3. Thanks, but that didn't answer my question.

4. #4 ProCrunchie11, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    sorry

5. Basically if you are smoking street bud or even medical from a dispensary it wont have much of a positive effect. Get the stuff (if you can) that has high CBD then a couple wks to a month you will notice benefits.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Couple of weeks to a month answered my question. I did get the one with high CBD. I also got the same amount of high THC plant, which probably wasn't wise cos all that does it get me high. Anyway, thanks for your help!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I am sorry- to not assume you got CBD. I just want to help.

8. It says on the label it's like 12.6% CBD. They said it's the highest CBD they had.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 Galaxy420, Mar 16, 2017
    how you are effected from a medication depends on your physiology.. if you are using medicinal nature for relief expect it to be cumulative.. in that it takes a while for healthy nature to have an effect on you as a whole being... you will notice immediate effects like being calm or high but to garnish greater health requires time and effort.. tailor or adjust your immediate results ( calm or high) while patiently allowing the homeostatic organization of the phytocannabinoids to work on your endocannabinoid system..

look up cannabimimetic agents and utilize them... sometimes cbd or thc are not enough and need synergistic compounds to assist in pharmacological effects

10. #10 ApexTheGod, Mar 16, 2017
    While medical flowers (aaa-aaaa) will help some people like me, other might prefer hash or shatter. Sometimes its just not strong enough for our needs. Like when I first got diagnosed with cancer, they used radiotherapy on my eye and it was really painful, cannabis flowers wasnt helping really much, smoked 2 dabs out of my oil rig and it worked so much better for my pain I was near pain-free it really helped me back then. Shatter and medical edibles work great and you get more of a anti-anxiety, stress-relief, pain-free, increased appetite, depression and relaxation ;) At least for me :p You can also get cbd extracts in olive oil for the morning when you wake up, it helps and you will smoke less that day too ;)

11. I'm sorry am I missing something here. Did you mention "what disease?" Also if your looking for particular advice for particular ailments you might want to find message boards that deal with those specific ailments and see what those users are doing to help them. I know 420 has very specific boards for this. Also have you tried Leafly to fine toon your strains to your specific disease/symptoms?

12. What is your disease? It will work different for different things so give us a run down and you will find much better help that way.

13. Crohn's disease

14. Helps me with my flare ups and gets rid of stomach cramps.... Mornings may be a pain in the ass but a few minutes after my first bowl my stomach is calm again

Special Queen#1
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1432973/

• Like Like x 1
  15. Also I'd like to know how much weed should I consume per day. I've smoked for five days and I think I've smoked like .7 grams. Perhaps I should smoke as much as .5 grams per day...

16. Me personally I've found my sweet spot to be a bowl every 2-3 hours....
    That's like .3-.4 every bowl.

You're a beginner you may only need half of that or not even that much you may very make a gram last a day...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Eating it will give better medicinal effect. When it is digested and processed by the live it makes hydroxy 9 instead of 7 like when smoked. It last longer and is more powerful than smoking. I've heard people say on here and other places they cant get high from edibles. They haven't had good ones.

Try to shoot for one to one ratio of thc/cbd.

As said look into how to make "Rick Simpson Oil." It is made with ethanol and rice cooker. It is great stuff. That may be the best route.

I have read it and experienced myself. I have stomach problems. Smoking anything aggravates the stomach.

18. Edibles go through my digestion fast though. By vaping it lasts longer. That's what I've heard.

I am smoking too little. Somehow I'm so lazy I don't have the energy to smoke more. I should push myself. I'm in a very poor health condition. Also my leg has a weird cramp atm, completely unrelated problem. Hopefully not a blood clot.

19. Heating with high heat destroys many cannabinoids. There are more than 100 different cannabinoids. According to this chart you need a combo including thca. Any heat will destroy thca.

Its why I recommend edibles. Plus they do get you higher.
    Capture.PNG
    Maybe you like smoking, I do to. Doesn't mean that's best for treatment.

20. Here are a few good podcasts from folks who have been able to, not just maintain but, heal by using the oil. This would be the same oil that you hear about used to kill cancerous tumors. It's an intense treatment because it's a concentrate but I say it's worth a shot. They talk about dosage, strains, and the rest. Listen to their stories here: Crohn’s – Cannabis Health Radio

• Like Like x 1