when do plants start smelling

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by coastin, Jun 4, 2010.

1. just a few leaves hav popped up on some of my plants about what week or day can u begin to smell them??

2. it depends on wot strain it is some smell early and some dont smell that much at all if its just popt out of the ground it wont smell 4 at least a few weeks yet. peace

3. my veg box which is full of 9 one-month-ers is starting to reek already. The room noticeably (not overpowering tho) smells like skunk when I walk into it and they're not very big at all yet. Carbon filter time.. :cool:

4. After two weeks of veg, one plant, not even a foot high, and my whole room STANK.

5. About 2 weeks in they will smell. It seems to happen overnight to. I have 3 auto's going and I just woke up one morning and the entire hallway reeked and when I went in the room it was even worse. Carbon scrubber will tackle most any plant. no smeel at all with it running.

6. they smell right from birth. it just is not enough for us to smell. as the plant puts on leaves the odor grows with the plant. i vent my cabinets into the chiminey so the exhaust is 30 feet off the ground. no smell here.

7. not all plants smell though, my friend ahd three three footers that were a week from harvest time and his house and room smelt normal and all he had was just lights on them in the closet, no filter or anything

8. thats true. about 90% of what we have tried over the last couple of years went from skunk.....to...OMG SKUNK......to .....little black critters with white stripes looking in the windows , i guess they were tring to se who the new kid in town was.... that shit was nasty :D

9. hmmmmmmmm

lie!

odor control is a huge issue for me right now, i have a small bush but its really smelling up a storm

10. +1 on the overnight

I woke up, went into my roommates room who thought a skunk was outside the night before and i was like............oh fuck:eek:

11. Mine started yto reak at 3 weeks. I have a carbon filter and the whole HOUSE stinks.

12. So your saying that the carbon filter didn't eliminate the smell?

13. Either you need new carbon or you don't have enough cfm on your fan to clear your room every 5 minutes. A properly functioning carbon scrubber should clear you of at least 95% of the smell.

14. #14 Phoggy, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
    One time my house got sprayed by a skunk 2 times while drying out a harvest.

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing/483643-skunk-spraying-house.html

15. my plants are about 3 weeks from seed and are starting to stink up my closet.. its weird.. its smell like motherearth!! i love you maryjuana!!

16. #17 Mrgoodmoney, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
    what if its regs and the grow area is sealed

17. doesnt change anything

18. how about just some middies does that smell to bad

19. I have a couple middies do they stink very much:confused: